In Botany Bay, Where's The Fish?

DarkHorse

I was out there yesterday and picked up a few tailor near the third runway and off the breakwall at molineaux point but on the eastern side further towards Yarra Bay.

The tailor came and went very quickly.

Trolled around kurnell cliffs had a big hook up but the line snapped. Travelled all of the bay looking for some surface action but there was none. Even seagulls were struggling.

Hi Dark Horse,

I was out in Botany Bay for a couple of hours this morning.

Got a mixed bag of flathead, whiting, bream, sol. Caught a octupus but once at the boat decided he wanted to stick to the outside of the boat, so i let him win that fight. Caught a nice size crab but let her go so she can breed.

Catches were off, prawns, bloodworms and plastics.

Kept catching these small "toad" looking blow up things, never caught or seen them before, are they poisoness?

Was slow compared to what im used too.

G'day Rob

We fished from 5 to 10am this morning, tried our best to find a few squids but got only one. Our main target was kingfish, hooked up one near the container wall on light gear intended for trevally and could not stop him. Luckily we managed to converted a squid strip into a nice 4kg jew. Also got a few tailors on metal near the drum, they were feeding on small whitebait and pilchard, burst up and then gone really quick.

4134726817_14e6c9fddc_b.jpg

Ryan

Edited by QVCiticaDSV

Yep It sounds like the trend the last few weeks. :ranting2::ranting2: The whole bay is dead.......the fish have fled else where. I've been out the last 2 outing and fished every spot you could think of with Live Yakkas and Squid for nothing. :ranting2: Not even the downrigger would come up trumps :thumbdown:

Not sure what's going on but it looks like the brilliant idea by the state government with building the stupid desal plant has realy F$%# the fishing up in the bay. :beersmile:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Mixed reports! I hooked up on 2 small taylor and that was it. The conditions were not the best or what I was expecting. Would have been at least 15knots of wind and swell.......

As they say bad days fishing is better than a good day at work. It seems every time I go to work and look out over the bay it is calm and heaps of boats! When I go it is crappy lol.

I ended up trolling, drifting anchoring all over the bay for very little and then decided to head home. Before I did and went a had a look up the Georges River.

I could not believe how beautiful it looks, quiet during the week (except for the guy that cut right in fron of my bow heading out the marina full speed in a no wash zone)

It is the first time I have wandered in the river. It looks very fishable, I would assume that there are SOME fish in there???????

I was going to post this reply last night, but some huge thunderstorms came through so powered everything down to be safe.

Take care and tight lines

G'day Rob

We fished from 5 to 10am this morning, tried our best to find a few squids but got only one. Our main target was kingfish, hooked up one near the container wall on light gear intended for trevally and could not stop him. Luckily we managed to converted a squid strip into a nice 4kg jew. Also got a few tailors on metal near the drum, they were feeding on small whitebait and pilchard, burst up and then gone really quick.

4134726817_14e6c9fddc_b.jpg

4135486566_f4a8ac12cd_o.jpg

FYI, it's my uncle in the photo who caught the fish :biggrin2:

Ryan

ryan,you didnt get your intended king but hey,you gotta be happy with a 4kg schoolie.i know i wouldv been.good work. :thumbup:

cheers johnny.

Edited by fisher doi