Double Session Friday

davegroves68

Hi all,

No fishing for me on saturday or sunday as this is my Bucks night weekend.Randwick races and onwards.

Anyway, because of this, I decided to make the most of a beautiful friday afternoon on Narrabeen lake and later, the beach at Narrabeen.

Me and a mate,Mark, got to the lake , between Ocean st and Pittwater rd about 4.30pm. started flicking the soft plastics .Picked up the wrong packet at home so started of with 5 inch nuclear chicken, got bits but no hook ups.

Across the channel i notice a guy using live poddies, hmmm , i think . I say hi, he says he's had a few good mornings this week on poddies.. You must be Mallacota pete..Tho i said Slinky first. Very nice to meet a fellow FishRaider... ...first time.

Anyway, pete left, and me and Mark kept casting, decided to trim the 5 inch gulps to 3 inch,,, good move . 5 mins later a nice little flathead grabs it. Not huge but a flattie all the same. bang on 35 cms, but quite skinny so he went back.

Not much else happening, so me and Mark decide to head for the beach at McTier st. Only for an hour as i need a beer. 10 minutes in with Pillies on gang hooks, Mark lands a very fat Salmon

post-10917-1259322376_thumb.jpg

We give it 30 mins more and then call it quits.

Bucks ngt 2mrw then off to NZ next friday for nuptuals. Honeymoon in Pahia...........KINGFISH AND SNAPPER!!!

HAPPY DAYS! of course there will be a report.......... on the fishing.

tight lines,

Welsh Dave

and your gonna get SMASHED in Cardiff sunday morning, hahahah

Good to meet you Dave.

You did better than me..I didn't get a bite.

I just wanted to see how different the same spot fished in the evening

as opposed to the morning.

Mornings win hands down.

Good luck and best wishes for the nuptials.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi Dave

That salmon would be the perfect size to smoke!

Congrats on your impending nuptuals!!! Great excuse to travel to NZ every now & then, ostensibly to visit the Out Laws, but in reality, to wet a line! :thumbup::yahoo: When there, keep an eye open in the shops (even the larger supermarkets) for Smoked Kawhai. Really YUMMY!!! That is what Aussie Salmon are called over theere.

Look forward to hearing of your fishing reports over there, but will fully understand if you don't go fishing! :biggrin2:

Cheerio

Roberta

Hmmm, following our recent rugby results, you could be right there!! :(