Botany Bay Saturday 28/11/09

BUSTER 1

post-571-1259439621_thumb.jpg

post-571-1259439596_thumb.jpg

post-571-1259439572_thumb.jpg

I went for a quick flick in the Bay yesterday morning the conditions were perfect ,I only had 3 hours so I headed over to the foreshore at Brighton there was just enough breeze to get a nice drift going and the flathead were on the bite ,I got a 50cm fish on the third drop and they kept coming within an hour I caught 6 and kept 4 between 45 & 55cm then the boat was surrounded by school of chopper tailer which made short work of my gulps so I waited till they were a couple of hundred yards away be for I started again first drop got creamed before it got to the bottom and it was no tailer it screamed off about 60 meters of 8lb fireline in 4 seconds I thought it was going to spool me so started the boat and motored after it any after 5 minutes it started to slow a bit and I got some line back it made another 4 or 5 strong runs in the next 10 minutes or so,but it finaly got tired and came to the boat It was a 65cm king and it was dead on 65cm so he came home for tea ,I thought the day could not get much better but a short time later I got another good hit it was no kingy but a nice 67cm flattie so after a quick pic it went back

All in all another great day on the BAY

Congrats Buster, what a by-catch :thumbup:

We fished bay yesterday morning as well and got 2 legal kings at 66 cm and 71 cm, Scotty Lyons's charter boat also boarded quite a few nice fish. The conditions were perfect and they seemed to go on the bite only around high tide, spent a few more quiet hours on the water and caught 4 pike around the container wall. Hopefully the kings will start firing up from now.

Went out yesterday & couldnt get one squid in the bay but managed to get good supply of yakkas . Went out for a troll to see if any stripeys , but none & with that mist went back to the north bay head where there were a few boats so I outed the downrigger & went for a few runs back & forward north to south for my friends first rat 60cm then got 6 more all from the same school . We then picked up on diver the biggest sambo I have caught or seen before just over 60cm , what a horse & even a couple of jumps as well . I got onto just as I threw it back the rigger went off , finally some thing good , odd but it ran like a tuna & in only 11m I wound up the drag on the tyrnos 30 . As I got it to 3m away I got a glipse & it looked like a yellowfin I thought at first but it must not have been so close in so it must have been a king :mad3: the hook pull & I will never know . We achored up just to the north & cubed a couple of stripey fillets from last year . What fun you have catching rats on little spin rods & 10m of water , we did it for the next hour still not getting one legal ,that why not one photo , but my friend did manage a nice 33cm bream .At least we got into something .