Beach Worm Outlet Locations

trungie

Hi, thinking of hitting the northern beaches after work. I find that by the time i drive there, the bait stores are well closed by then.

Where can i get live beach worms in the Marrickville to Parramatta area? Or anywhere from there to the northern beaches?

Hi, thinking of hitting the northern beaches after work. I find that by the time i drive there, the bait stores are well closed by then.

Where can i get live beach worms in the Marrickville to Parramatta area? Or anywhere from there to the northern beaches?

pittwater road sell worms and would be on your way up to the beaches. Not sure what time they are open tho.

Paul

pittwater road sell worms and would be on your way up to the beaches. Not sure what time they are open tho.

Paul

Thanks Paul, they close at 7pm i think, bit out of my way bit, as i'd have to go thru the city to get there, and that'll be bad at 5pm!

bait shop down @ woodville road granville/merrylands area hes open till all hours of the night i can go there @ 2 am n get fresh bait anytime

Oh yeah, Chucky, i think he sells blood worms but not live beach worm. Same with the guy in Auburn on parramatta road.

I've also found that the narrabeen bait store sells blood worms but not beach worms and close at 6pm.

Any other beach worm outlets?

Hi Geek

If you ever make it up to Forster, give me a yahoo - I will teach you how to catch them yourself! Much more fun & cheaper over the long run!

Roberta

LOL Awesome. Everytime you offer your knowledge i go a bit crazy and start looking out house prices again in Forster!!! Dammit!

Going to plan a holiday one day and head up there! Thanks!

Hi Geek

If you ever make it up to Forster, give me a yahoo - I will teach you how to catch them yourself! Much more fun & cheaper over the long run!

Roberta

Hi Roberta, I found triying to catch beach worms the most frustrating thing I have ever done :mad3:

they were just too smart for me, I tried everything, I just can get hold of there heads so I got a shovel and each time they popped there heads out I thrust the shovel in :074::074: at least I got half of them :074:

Edited by Groper

Nothing wrong with living here, Geek! I reckon the property prices have just about bottomed!! hehe No worries - it is so much fun & really only takes patience & observation ..... and a bit of time! Oh yeah - bring a pair of Alvey Worm Pliers, too! :)

....I just can get hold of there heads so I got a shovel and each time they popped there heads out I thrust the shovel in at least I got half of them .....

Hi Groper - I feel your frustration! Never get your brother to show you how to do it!!! Mine taught me & it took 12 months to get my first worm!! Now, I have streamlined the method & catch more than he can!! :thumbup::yahoo: Different folks have different methods - if I want to spend time catching possibly a few worms, I use my hands. If I want to catch worms & go fishing before it gets dark, I use worming pliers! Every now & thn I get the heads too - not that often tho! :biggrin2:

Roberta