Cronulla Friday 27/11

duck168

Last Friday armed with 450g of pillies and a float I headed out to Cronulla side of Port Hacking for a session. Hoping to catch some yakkas.

It was 9.30 by the time I got there. There were already a few guys fishing. Not long after I dropped the bait in, I saw the guys around started pulling in fish. The guy next to me pulled in a trevally. And then another, and that went on at least 3/4 of his bucket was full. The other people weren't doing too badly either.

I dropped one. It wasn't a yakka as it was quite heavy. Anyway I was the one looking at people catching fish while not much happened on my rod end.

Then I asked the fellow next to me, "Show us your rig." He was kind enough and showed how he tied his rig, leader length etc. He even told me how to drift, the snag area and how and when to set hook.

So armed with info I rearranged my rig. Upsized and upnumber the hooks. First whole pillie went in and I got a tailor. Then second pillie in, it was much heavier. The nice fellow cheered me on and told me to hurry up as the fish might run into rocks. I did as told and managed a 40cm tailor. My missus joined in later and she pulled in a smaller tailor. Then we got a trevally.

It was one of the best haul during my short fishing career. Total 4 fish. Nothing compared to other fellows, but I was content

It was 4am when we got home. Cut the fish up and boiled up some rice congee with the fish. Ginger, shallots and fried garlic. Keep thinking to myself - life this good, where else but Australia?

post-8382-1259622300_thumb.jpg