5 Islands Charter

jewiehaven

Mission Accomplished!

Me and my mates went on a charter today off Port Kembla.

Fished a few reefs bottom bashing and got a nice mixed back of Mowies, Pigfish, Wrasse and sweep, aswell as the unfavourable Bakers (one of them was freakin HUGE!) and one Chinaman Leatherjacket.

The biggest Mowie went 42cm and the other one went about 35cm. :1clap::1clap:

Didnt measure the pigfish but we got 4 in total, think we boated 6 or more sweep but only kept 2, Zac got a nice Wrasse. :icon_peace:

It was pretty tough going for the first few reefs until we went deeper out to 100m+ that we started geting into slightly better and more regular fish.

After about lunchtime we trolled around the islands and we trolled up some rats, at one stage we had a trriple hookup on them ranging from 55-60cm.

We found a patch of them and jigged a few times. :thumbup:

Ed got a nice Bonnie on a christmas tree and after I swapped over to one myself I never went back to HB's ... lol :1prop::1prop:

Eddie got the only keeper Kingie jigging (65 on the nose ...), Zac got into a couple, I got 3 on the new TLD25.

Had some fun jigging and trolling Rats.

Went back to the ramp @ 1:30pm and cleaned the fish.

Realized I left scaler and knife @ home so had to share a knife to scale and gut the catch :1badmood:

In all we took home 20+ fish and threw a few back in the drink, and used some as fresh slabs.

Sorry lads laptop @ work no piccies yet, will post Monday morning I promise.

top stuff jewie haven, sorry I havent got around to organising a trip with a charter, been flat out this holidays with mates organising trips, this week Im out sunday Breamin, monday bate bay, and wed/thursday deepsea maybe the peak, will post all of them as I go along :thumbup:

that kingie would have made all the better a day :thumbup:

OH! WAY too much fun kingies on the troll and jigging.

BUT- I still reckon we shoulda gone the Flattie Grounds, one guy running another charter bagged 60 in under 3 hours then went home, lol

But hey, got to blood the TLD for the first time, got a stonker Morwong (42cm) and had a ball doing so.

We should book pretty soon if you wanna go either mid-week, but am organising another charter for the first weekend in Feb for my B'Day out off Shoalhaven Heads.

Chat soon mate- thx for the replies lads, much appreciated :beersmile:

OH! WAY too much fun kingies on the troll and jigging.

BUT- I still reckon we shoulda gone the Flattie Grounds, one guy running another charter bagged 60 in under 3 hours then went home, lol

But hey, got to blood the TLD for the first time, got a stonker Morwong (42cm) and had a ball doing so.

We should book pretty soon if you wanna go either mid-week, but am organising another charter for the first weekend in Feb for my B'Day out off Shoalhaven Heads.

Chat soon mate- thx for the replies lads, much appreciated :beersmile:

about time you blood in that reel anth ha

give me a bell when u r gonna book up a charter

ive got a few good ones i want to look into