A Quick Flick

stricko4

Just a quick report. Yesterday evening the trip home from work was a shocker. Worse than usual Sydney traffic. By the time I made it to Concord Road I was over it & I pulled into Brays Bay Reserve for a flick & let the traffic clear a bit. I tied on a SX40 & very first cast hook a little flattie of about 15cm. Now this is better than sitting in traffic. About 10 casts latter I hook another. This one being around 20cm. With that sort of strike rate I was getting ready to head home when I hadn't picked up anything else for 15 minutes. I said to myself another 5 minutes & I'm off when with 4 of those 5 minutes left line starts to zing off the little Diawa reel. Now this is better fish I think & I was right. Without a net & only 6lb leader I was a bit worried about loosing my brand new $18 lure so I carefully work it to the shore & lift it to the grass with congratulations from a family having a fish & chips dinner nearby. My pb flattie on a hard body it went 35cm. After a quick showing to the family back it goes & I quite happily pack up & head back into the traffic. I wish every trip home could be like this.

Paul