Taking My Son Fishing

johnny doi

hi raiders,

as the title says,im gna take my 6yr old son for a sesh at chipping norton for a couple hrs.its mostly to get him to have a fun time,hopefully getting onto some fish big or small,to keep him keen & not getting bored too quickly.

we'l be fishing landbased as always on the lansvale side.last time i took him,he outfished daddy 6 legals to my 2 little bream.he even got a 30cm blacky

that day we just used bread for bait & burley.this time he wants to use some of his hardbods & plastic that he got for his 6th bday last month,but i wana use some bait too cos thats where i think we'l get more consistant action,therefore keeping him interested & not wanting to go home after 30mins.

so i wana ask fellow raiders if anyone has fished chippo recently & if they got any fish,what did you's get em on?il be either goin tomorrow or sunday morning.

i know we'r not gona get any trophy fish there,but i wana keep him interested.so any help on what baits,rigs,lures & what can we expect?we'v got bream,mullet,occasional luderick & small chopper tailor in the past,but i wana know if any raiders have fish there recently,& what did you get.

il be landbased so we'l be restricted to moving around too much & i dont think my boy wont be too keen to move around alot.

so any help & updates on the area will be much appreciated.thanks in advance for your help guys.

cheers johnny. :beersmile::thumbup:

Ive only caught bream, flatheads and eels there. Havent really been there for a while but i see some people go prawning there through summer. I wouldnt eat anything from Chippo's but apparently the prawns make good live bait.

Seen some good sized bream being caught there too. Not many people fish chippo lake coz you cant eat the fish there but its a nice place to take your kids.

yeh i know the water there isnt the cleanest,therefore i dont eat the fish we catch there,just a case of fishing for fun[to get our fishing fixl.lol].

my dad use to take me fishing there 20 odd years ago too.back then i can remember my dad & older brother catching whopper bream & blackfish.now i get the occassional decent bream but havnt got much flathead though.