Botany Bay 11/12/2009

Basil D

Went out for a fish sesh on Friday, no plans of what fish to catch and were prepared for what comes along.

as we headed out from the new boat ramp we see a lot of bird activity in the middle of the bay, First cast and a Kingie, 15min later, landed it on a 12 pound line, went 64cm, next few cast, Tailor, 4 of them all went 40cm, anchored up in the bay next to one of the markers and sent two squid down, wham were on again, 61 cm, we started spinning while the squid was out and two more kingies, 59 and 63cm :1badmood:

All kingies went back to grow bigger.

Bird acivity started again and we chased them, all Tailor 40cm +, we caught ten in all and one have was by a kingie and looked like 80cm , wish it took it.

packed up early as I had to go coaching soccer, couple of hours on the bay ten tailor, me and my mate kept five each, I gave two to mi neighbour and two my in laws, kept one for myself and smoked him up.

all in all great day out :thumbup:

post-8352-1260603746_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Sounds like a good day Groper, wish i was out there. I was there on wednesday morning but the southerly wind and huge swells were too much so i packed it in after 10mins on the water.

What lure did you land the surface feeding kings on? Ive been finding it hard to get live squid in the bay these days with the no go zone being placed on Yarra Bay Bait grounds.

Sounds like a good day Groper, wish i was out there. I was there on wednesday morning but the southerly wind and huge swells were too much so i packed it in after 10mins on the water.

What lure did you land the surface feeding kings on? Ive been finding it hard to get live squid in the bay these days with the no go zone being placed on Yarra Bay Bait grounds.

Good onya,yeah squid is hard to get at the moment live yellowtail will do the trick as well..

Check with waterways, but I thought the bait grounds are still accessible, but have been deemed a 4 knot construction zone for an Energy Australia cable trench to Kurnell. That was my understanding of the info in the Southern Courier.

Check with waterways, but I thought the bait grounds are still accessible, but have been deemed a 4 knot construction zone for an Energy Australia cable trench to Kurnell. That was my understanding of the info in the Southern Courier.

I've been told to move off a few times whilst fishing in the eastern corner of yarra bay by authourities.

This is the spot where i would normally go catch squid and yakkas.

Havent had much luck elsewhere.

metal shiny lures and surface poppers.

when did they shut yarra bay down to fishing!

metal shiny lures and surface poppers.

when did they shut yarra bay down to fishing!

As far as i know the eastern corner of yarra bay where the breakwall meets the beach, that corner has become a no go zone. ive been told to move or be fined on 2 occasions whilst fishing there in the last month or so.

Nice one mate, Im glad to see your putting your holidays to good use. :thumbup:

cheers Pete, How is your fishing going, have you gone out.

I mean your so keen but not reports coming from ya.

I have some tips for you, pm me.

regards Basil