1 - 0 - 0

reelmagic

Hi Guys,

Since I put a late post for an extra pair of hands, I thought I'd put this report in! You missed nothing J !!!!!!!

Fished out of the Hacking and started a drift in 380m. Early, the drift was good at 0.6knts and then gradually picked up as we entered another current line! Water temp was 21.8 and the colour was blue as! No albies up here unlike that of the south coast, hence the signs of yellowfin as reported last week.

Raise a good mako at 2.00pm................ the float went down, then back up, then sideways for 10m, then down again and then the rigger popped. Left him for 45 secs or so and set the hook straight back into the head of the stripey. :1badmood: Don't ya hate that? The wind was up to about 18-20 knts from the NE with 1.0 - 1.5m swell. Heaps of white caps, but this boat seems to drift well in those sorts of conditions so we stayed out til 6.15pm hoping for a late bite, before making the 38km run home at 21knts.

So much for sydney................. and an end to the shark season for us! Next week, back down to Kiama for a Marlin / Tuna fish!

ps. I'd thought I would add a pic of a fish we caught last year. Mako.............. how much do you think he weighs?? mmmmmmmmm :wacko:

dale

reelmagic

post-7690-1260677049_thumb.jpg

Edited by reelmagic

Hi Guys,

Since I put a late post for an extra pair of hands, I thought I'd put this report in! You missed nothing J !!!!!!!

Fished out of the Hacking and started a drift in 380m. Early, the drift was good at 0.6knts and then gradually picked up as we entered another current line! Water temp was 21.8 and the colour was blue as! No albies up here unlike that of the south coast, hence the signs of yellowfin as reported last week.

Raise a good mako at 2.00pm................ the float went down, then back up, then sideways for 10m, then down again and then the rigger popped. Left him for 45 secs or so and set the hook straight back into the head of the stripey. :1badmood: Don't ya hate that? The wind was up to about 18-20 knts from the NE with 1.0 - 1.5m swell. Heaps of white caps, but this boat seems to drift well in those sorts of conditions so we stayed out til 6.15pm hoping for a late bite, before making the 38km run home at 21knts.

So much for sydney................. and an end to the shark season for us! Next week, back down to Kiama for a Marlin / Tuna fish!

ps. I'd thought I would add a pic of a fish we caught last year. Mako.............. how much do you think he weighs?? mmmmmmmmm :wacko:

dale

reelmagic

How can you estimate a fish underwater :wacko:

to bad you never hooked up :05:

It's right up there! We tagged this thing and able to get an accurate measurement of 3.7m. Look at the charts, and it's a good one at that, even if it was 200mm shorter.

Well done dave, a great guess! sounds like you had a little inside info!

regards,

dale

Edited by reelmagic

Nice mako ,

I would assume it would have went 300 kgs

In 2006 we weighted a 407kg mako in the Sydney GFC Easter weekend tournament .

Shame to see this new ban come in on these great game fish !

Great effort , And well done for the tag and release effeort .

Regards

Mark

Hi Guys,

dale

reelmagic