Sambo, Jewie & Kingies Botany Bay

Basil D

Went out today with my son spinner7 & and my mates son Paul, promised I would take him out and he loves King fish, No promises I said (wasn't confident we would get into them)

first stop Burlied up and got my yakkas, 18 in all and 9 died :1badmood: kept changing the water every 5 min and had a aerator going and still lost 9.

next stop was a new spot to me and down goes the down rigger, didn't even get 30meters and my rod buckles.

65cm kingie :thumbup:

Thought were in for a treat, down goes the down rigger again and nothing, up and down and round and round and nothing, went to my old spot and trolled for while and nothing, anchored up and cut up some squid strips and got two Kingies , all under size, both went back in,& spinner 7 got busted of on a 25kg leader, so I put a 40lb leader, spinner7 got another and well the leader held out but the hook looked like it was chewed on by a monster, was twisted and bent everywere, so I put on a carbon hook, well no more hooks, we missed the ship.

Paul then says lets go home, and I said why, he says me and my mate always go home after two hours when nothing is on, and I said well Im not your mate, I try all day if I have to.

I decided to trawl again and down goes another yellow tail and we didnt even get 40mtres and BAM goes Pauls rod, 15ming later a 70cm model comes in, woooohoooooooooooooooo, well I said to paul and he says your right keep trying, so down goes the down rigger and 100metres up wham goes the rod again, this time its a sambo, we trawled for another 1/2 hour and nothing, so we anchored up again and half n hour later, my rod Buckle over and I said to my son spinner7, thats yours mate, so he picks up the rod with a grin on his face and 5 min later a 49cm jewfish, now we gotta be happy with this fishing seshion.

At 11am the wind realy picked up and we packed up, went back the the ramp, cleaned the fish, cleaned the boat and flushed the engine.

I gotta say the new Boat ramp has my thumbs up :thumbup: cleaning facilties for the fish and the boat, what more can we ask.

OK OK some nice new toys for christmas would be great :yahoo:

post-8352-1260849081_thumb.jpg

post-8352-1260849096_thumb.jpg

post-8352-1260849114_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

Mate, they are the best :thumbup: , Im odering my second one from the states today :yahoo:

haha that was quick i at least lasted a few months before i bought my 2nd one ha

if your ordering in from the states take a look at the spoons they use for downrigging for salmon

i reckon they would go great on kings ive never seen them in shops over here

:thumbup: Very entertaining read, congrats on a nice outing and the smile says it all.

What is the cage thingy in the pic looks like the young fella is in gaol..

Good onya buddy ... :thumbup:

Yeah terrific read Groper...Ray I would think that would be the new catch and release area for kingfish mate, and definately something to do with the new desalination plant.

The last lot of jewfish cutlets Shirley and I ordered, turned out to be kingfish cutlets due to a communication problem with a part time university student wearing a red sash.. After one mouthfull each and a quick go at the coke, what my wife and I still tasted was definately not someone else's meal, it was someone else's ear wax.

Cheers

Byron

Great report Groper.

Where were you drigging? Molineux Point?

I have recently installed a 2nd downrigger on my boat as like you i love using them. A double hook up when you're fishing solo is interesting - i had a triple the other day! Both downriggers and a surface bait got hit at once... Chaos!

Good luck on your next outing - sounds like you've got it sorted.

Nice one Basil, nothing like a good mid week fish is there. And bonus fish to boot. :thumbup: you're getting better by the day..... I just need that invite before I die :074:

Hey Pete, possibly next week, call me :thumbup:

Yeah terrific read Groper...Ray I would think that would be the new catch and release area for kingfish mate, and definately something to do with the new desalination plant.

The last lot of jewfish cutlets Shirley and I ordered, turned out to be kingfish cutlets due to a communication problem with a part time university student wearing a red sash.. After one mouthfull each and a quick go at the coke, what my wife and I still tasted was definately not someone else's meal, it was someone else's ear wax.

Cheers

Byron

Byron, how have you Been, is your back ok now, hope your well.

Its our first jew and hope many more to come.

regards Basil

Great report Groper.

Where were you drigging? Molineux Point?

I have recently installed a 2nd downrigger on my boat as like you i love using them. A double hook up when you're fishing solo is interesting - i had a triple the other day! Both downriggers and a surface bait got hit at once... Chaos!

Good luck on your next outing - sounds like you've got it sorted.

yeah its getting sorted out now.

Molinneux point was oneof the spots in the channel were your not allowed to anchore or drift

....Byron, how have you Been, is your back ok now, hope your well.

Its our first jew and hope many more to come.

regards Basil

Thanks for asking about my back Basil and give my congratulations to that little bloke of yours for catching you your first jew, much appreciated mate :thumbup: ....I've got some real good news for you on the back front Basil, and as far as that squid lession goes in return for a signed football bladder wasn't it from memory- Well, I took the latest X Rays to the Surgeons the other day and they said they were the best quality X-Rays they've seen for quite a while and the good news is they said that my back pains will go as soon as they remove my neck.

Cheers

jewgaffer :D

GREAT FISH MATE !!!

haha thanks thats just what i needed to see :D imgoing to botany bay tomorrow ! i can only hope to go us well as you did ! :)

great stuff, i cant wait till 2morrow now :)

goodluck, persistance pays off, and the oil warf is going nuts, thats were the jewie was caught :thumbup:

hey mate, would you be able to pm me the link where you are getting it from the states, i too am looking to get one. thanks mate

pm sent :thumbup:

Thanks for asking about my back Basil and give my congratulations to that little bloke of yours for catching you your first jew, much appreciated mate :thumbup: ....I've got some real good news for you on the back front Basil, and as far as that squid lession goes in return for a signed football bladder wasn't it from memory- Well, I took the latest X Rays to the Surgeons the other day and they said they were the best quality X-Rays they've seen for quite a while and the good news is they said that my back pains will go as soon as they remove my neck.

Cheers

jewgaffer :D

:074::074: you havent changed one bit, your a young person at heart and thats the way it should be :thumbup:

mate now you have the dual downriggers

the next thing you really should have in the boat is a decent live tank that pumps in fresh water

ive got a good homemade job if you want some tips and only worked out costing under $100

gotta keep those livies healthy

mate now you have the dual downriggers

the next thing you really should have in the boat is a decent live tank that pumps in fresh water

ive got a good homemade job if you want some tips and only worked out costing under $100

gotta keep those livies healthy

I had one on my last boat and by the time I finished it it cost a fortune and wa bolted in, I will pm you my email address if you want to send me a diagram etc, I want to make one I can remove to have more room when I take my family out skiing etc.

regards Basil