Bass At Tallowa Dam

Justin

Hello everyone

I am after a bit of advice from all you bass fishermen out there

I am heading to kangaroo valley for a camping/kayaing trip. kayaking from the bridge at kangaroo valley all the way down to Tallowa dam.

Time will be pretty tight and i think i can probably manage an hour or two at the end of the day before sunset to flick for bass at the dam.

However, can any one reccomend a model or type of lure i can troll on the way down whilst kayaking during the day?

dont know alot about fishing for bass, done it a few tims with surface lures. Is trolling a diving hardbody a waste of time?

thanks heaps

Hi Pinkus

I've never fished there ...... yet, but buddies have. I hear there can be brown & red belly snakes around, so, where ever you put in, be vigilant! Oh yeah - the browns swim too! :1yikes:

They caught some nice fish too. They mainly used deep diving lures, trolling & casting & found that the usual purple & black ones were popular. The river would probably be too shallow to troll (except for larger pools) but should be fine in the dam.

Good luck - hope you get into some!

Cheerio

Roberta

I have fished this area and below the dam into the shoal haven.

Try Tilsen Bass lures in Jaffa colour. Troll in close in the shade during the day. Surface lures at dusk and into the night.

Lots of fish the last time i went.

Have fun

thanks for your suggestions

i ended up getting a Trollcraft 4g shrimp dirving lure cos it was about a third of the price of the other bass lures on the wall and im not gonna mind if i lose it on a snag!

the tackle shop bloke recommended a this soft plastic spinner bait thing for trolling too so picked one of them up for 2 bucks!

see which works the best!

peace

Hey guys

I went for a paddle out locally yesterday arvo after work

went out planning on using plastics(still learning) but ended up using my hard body. Was drifting along the flats and flicking into the shore. Ive got to say im def liking it!

Met another raider "Geoff" or "Jeff" and he helped me out with tieing the lure on correctly. I found with my 5kg 12lb mono rod that i couldnt quite get the feeling i wanted and im looking at buying a lil flicky 2-4kg braided rod now that i can take down out for lures only.

anyways i think my transition to lures and plastics only well on its way

Geoff picked up several small flatheads, whiting and one massive bream to my zero in about an hour and a half. he even let me have a flick on his rod, first time using braid and the diffeence is amazing.

Hi Pinkus

I've never fished there ...... yet, but buddies have. I hear there can be brown & red belly snakes around, so, where ever you put in, be vigilant! Oh yeah - the browns swim too! :1yikes:

They caught some nice fish too. They mainly used deep diving lures, trolling & casting & found that the usual purple & black ones were popular. The river would probably be too shallow to troll (except for larger pools) but should be fine in the dam.

Good luck - hope you get into some!

Cheerio

Roberta