Thailand In April

jsab5558

hi fellow raiders,

heading to thailand,koh samoui in april of next year. i want to get on a charter but have heard mixed reports on the net. some say live baiting is the only way but then they got on boats and skipper has promised live bait and tanks are empty, others say only trolling lure is gonna bring up something. its hard to get any valuable info on the net so was hoping someone has been and could recomend me the boat

:wacko: am i wasteing my time looking for decent fish over there

any help is appreciated :1welcomeani:

hey mate i went to phuket last year and picked a charter that went trolling all day the brochure had a picture of a sailfish on it, i thought sweet im going to catch a sail fish. i was wrong. spent the whole day trolling only to catch small shit tuna, and the charter boat operators dont speak any english so u cant tell them to do something else, if i had my chance again i would've picked reef fishing instead

hey mate i went to phuket last year and picked a charter that went trolling all day the brochure had a picture of a sailfish on it, i thought sweet im going to catch a sail fish. i was wrong. spent the whole day trolling only to catch small shit tuna, and the charter boat operators dont speak any english so u cant tell them to do something else, if i had my chance again i would've picked reef fishing instead

the picture gets us every time, :1prop:

thats the kinda stuff ive been hearing , thanks for confirming for me.

was it expensive?

I have been looking at a fishing trip to thai land for ages. My girlfriend loves it there and I have never been.

Koh Tao is supposed to have a good run of baby blacks about now.

My german mate has caught nice spanish macks on charters out of Samui.

As for lures / live baits , bring your own and go to the fish market and buy some fish and rig your own swim baits.

Hmmmmmmmmm,

Maybe just watch Luke Nguyen and eat that food.

I know many of us would love to go to Thailand or Vietnam- sure you will have a great time, and yeah I'm jealous cause I want to go there for the second time to eat the great fish and seafood.

Cheap, easy going people, great fishing, great food, great being lazy bastardo

have a great time mate!.

HAHAHAH this was my experience exactly!!!!

except we only got one tuna

it did taste awesome when they bbqed it for lunch tho

cant remember the price, we hired the whole boat for four of us dont think it wouldve been too expensive at the most 200 bucks each. u can hagle with the prices thats what we did

thanks everyone for the help, ill be sure to post once i get back