Gws Long Reef He,s Back

craigtempo

the problem with longy for you yak people is the way the water rips over the wall,you only need a few boats berlying and you have a slick that goes past north head thats a good berly trail

mr great white comes up the berly trail and there's kings being caught and bled but there's nothing for him to eat,he gets pissed

i think the yakers were very lucky last time as having seen the vid he shore looked in the mood to have a yakka for lunch

i think it's only a matter off time before some one get nailed at long reef

i gave up fishing the gap because it was just not worth the risk for a few good fish and i had to much to loose

i would think long and hard about fishing long reef in a yak is it worth the risk that's up to you

i'm not trying to offend you yak people i just think you should weigh up the risk

cheers gary

Yeah i dont fish there because i do not feel comfortable about being out there .

most of the guys that fish out there are expirenced and well equiped and confadent . they dont fish alone [ 15 out yesturday ] they have shark shields pfd,s flairs ,

and all safety equipment that is required by law ,they access wether to go out or not and weigh up the risk .for them they accept the risk .

acording to statistics there is more chance of getting killed driving to longo than there is of fishing longo .

more surfers and divers have been attacked over the years yet no one says oh dont go surfing or diving .

i actually think there is more risk of getting run over by a boat than there is of getting taken by a shark which is the main reason i dont go off shore .

any way

c u ya on the water

craig

Yeah i dont fish there because i do not feel comfortable about being out there .

most of the guys that fish out there are expirenced and well equiped and confadent . they dont fish alone [ 15 out yesturday ] they have shark shields pfd,s flairs ,

and all safety equipment that is required by law ,they access wether to go out or not and weigh up the risk .for them they accept the risk .

acording to statistics there is more chance of getting killed driving to longo than there is of fishing longo .

more surfers and divers have been attacked over the years yet no one says oh dont go surfing or diving .

i actually think there is more risk of getting run over by a boat than there is of getting taken by a shark which is the main reason i dont go off shore .

any way

c u ya on the water

craig

I've done a bit of diving at Long Reef. I've seen spearos out at The Apartments and at The Wall. These were land based spearos who swam out & back. much more vulnerable than in a kayak. Although I wouldn't do either.