Batten Down The Hatches, It May Be A Wet & Windy Xmas

arpie

Hi all

With the WA/NT cyclone coming inland, it looks like it will be a very WET & WILD XMAS :( , possibly thru to new year! :wacko:

Anyone thinking of camping between Xmas & New Year - make sure you take plenty of wet weather gear & tie your tent down really well as there will be BIG WINDS too!!! Or even rethink your plans! :1yikes:

Check out what the Nasa weather map has in store for us - a good one to bookmark for possibility of rain! The red & mauve bits indicate rainfall between 60-80ml!! That is a LOT of RAIN - FLOODING WILL OCCUR somewhere!

http://www.wxmaps.org/pix/aus.vv.html

For those who like reading the 'squiggly bits', Spaghetti maps also available here by clicking the appropriate box here

http://www.wxmaps.org/pix/aus.fcst.html

Cheerio & not much of a ho ho

Roberta

Plan for the worst, but hope for the best!

Edited by Roberta

Hi Harold

It was wet & windy down the south coast yesterday & even raining down the Snowies!! It was fine & sunny here at Forster, but we did have almost gale force winds in the lake & it looked ugly offshore.

The system is lessening with each day, but northern NSW & pretty well all of the Qld coast will still cop it till after the new year - the good news for most of us is that it should be fairly dry for the last 2 days of 2009!!

Roberta

Hi Roberta, that link sure looks bad on the weather front, we need the rain but not all at once & not over the christmas break as it's the only time a lot folk get to be full time with their families. All the best for the new year & look forward to reading more of your fishing adventures on your yak. :1fishing1:

Regards Jeff

I agree, Jeff - shame it is lurking around just now ...... looks like there may be a sting in the tail as well - it is regrouping inland around New Years Eve!! If it is steady rain, all is good - if it buckets down, it will do more damage than good to most places that haven't had rain for years!

The weather is closing in here this afternoon - I had a pleasant 4-5hrs fishing from the yak with not a lot to show for it (didn't bother with pics as all hooked fish were too small & the only decent breambo I hooked busted me off!! :1badmood: ) Good fun tho. Drizzle all the way home & I can hardly see the headland now! Could be rain tomorrow!

Cheerio

Roberta

I reckon if it stays on the cool side and bleak and threatening and keeps up this occasional drizzle of rain in Sydney like it has since yesterday, late afternoon and night sessions will be definately as close to spot on as it can get especially in regards to fishing in the Hawkesbury....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanx Byron, now that IS some good news. I have been thinking of a night session for a couple of days and you have clinched it. tomorrow afternoon/night its on. :yahoo: Report to follow

it had better Pete, need some reports from ya, Better not be any puffer fish :074:

it had better Pete, need some reports from ya, Better not be any puffer fish :074:

well that didnt work out very well, didnt even bother. The wind is just killing it. The rain I can cope with but its just too dangerous for my lil' tinnie out there. I wanna be an old salt.

Edited by adjustedpete

well that didnt work out very well, didnt even bother. The wind is just killing it. The rain I can cope with but its just too dangerous for my lil' tinnie out there. I wanna be an old salt.

Hi Pete, well go out after I get back from hollidays mid January :thumbup::yahoo: