Leccy Gets Blooded

slinkymalinky

Megabass Anthrax - $40

20lb leader because I'm too scared to throw it on anything less - $15

Catching your first trophy fish on a super lure it took a 2nd mortgage to buy - Priceless :074:

post-6175-1261469867_thumb.jpg

Took my boat to the Tweed this morning to give the MotorGuide it's first run... and oh my! I needed a cold shower when I got back home. I'm in looooooooovvvvvvvve :1pash:

I met Browndog2 at the Condong ramp at 5am (4am my time.... bloody stupid not having daylight savings :1badmood: )

We immediately hit our favourite stretch of Jack water for nada. But the leccy was awesome. I got a wireless keychain remote as well as the wireless foot control and it was great being able to keep working the boat for Greg to continue fishing while I re-rigged sitting in the 'captains chair'.

Chasing jacks in the Tweed is great for practicing your knots. We both donated the inevitable collection of jig heads to the best snags... although I think Greg won that game on points today :biggrin2:

Greg finally managed to connect to a really good Jack tight in against a steel pylon. Unfortunately the Slim Beauty he tied at 5am in the weak glow of my deck lights, wasn't up to it. It was over in seconds leaving nothing but a busted leader and shaking knees.

I still haven't landed my first Tweed Jack (although it's only my second attempt) but I 'lost' 2 today... one while trying and one after switching to the light flattie gear. In truth, neither hooked up solidly although I felt the weight of both fish. These Jacks don't take plastics anything like their Tropical counterparts do hard bodies. 'It's like a tentative bream plucking take on steroids' and I haven't got the touch yet. Only one solid hook up so far from 5 definite chances.

I called the first for a 'stick fish' but after flicking my plastic off it, the stick came back for another go and I was way to quick on the strike... not to mention already having my rod in the air made it hard to put any menace into it.

We eventually picked up the Flattie rods once the sun got up and after a slow start, found plenty of willing takers. Between Greg and I we probably landed around 2 dozen fish including a few I picked up after dropping Greg off early to keep a prior commitment. Kept 5 for the table.

post-6175-1261469858_thumb.jpg

After I got home I lovingly washed my new Leccy, gave it a kiss goodnight and went in for my cold shower.

Cheers, Slinky

You do realise that MOST people chase mullet with 5 cents worth of bread, Tony? :074:

What a good session to christen the new leccy with .... your excitement was very evident on the phone :biggrin2:

A nice feed for the :wife: .... the leccy is paying for itself already! :yahoo: Looking forward to your 'successful' jack report VERY soon mate

Cheers

Skip

The boat with the new motor looks beaut! I watched the boys go past out back early this morning & then dropped in to say g'day while dropping my youngest to day care. That leccy made me smile. So did Slinkys' pink shirt! :biggrin2:

Shame you didn't boat a jack mate but at least we are finding them. It's only a matter of time now. :thumbup: At least the flatties are a reliable backup to keep the :wife: happy.

Thanks for fishing MY river with MY neighbour WITHOUT me! :pokey::074:

Good stuff mate.

Cheers,

Grant.

Megabass Anthrax - $40

Gee Tony This photo is priceless, what an affect it has as you scroll down in expectancy of utter splendor after introducing the new Motorguide to the Tweed River...Anyway I guess the rod you were holding must have been caught up in some electricals just as the camera flashed.. :D I don't know about Anthrax but I wouldn't look this good in a fishing report even wearing a pain patch... :lol::074:

post-829-1261471956_thumb.jpg

Anyway mate I hope you really enjoy the new Motorguide and Shirl and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Prosperous New Year to you Tony and all your family :thumbup:

Cheers

Byron :1fishing1:

Gee Tony This photo is priceless, what an affect it has as you scroll down in expectancy of utter splendor after introducing the new Motorguide to the Tweed River...Anyway I guess the rod you were holding must have been caught up in some electricals just as the camera flashed.. :D I don't know about Anthrax but I wouldn't look this good in a fishing report even wearing a pain patch... :lol::074:

Anyway mate I hope you really enjoy the new Motorguide and Shirl and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Prosperous New Year to you Tony and all your family :thumbup:

Cheers

Byron :1fishing1:

Thanks Byron. Best wishes for Christmas to you and Shirl too and I hope 2010 is good to you and all your family.

Cheers, Slinky

Mate cracker mullet, is the Ayu colour your go to colour for them? :074:

Sounds like a ball fishing up that way but I struggle to get up down here at a reasonable hour, another hour earlier and I'd have to cab it from night club to boat! :wacko:

Woohoo Slinky, you are no longer an electric virgin. Keep up those cold showers but watch for the water restrictions :1prop:

Nice mullet, although I have seen bigger on your local bogan :tease:

I lost three $30 lures yesterday for nada, zilch so I know how you feel.

They are a great piece of the electric, I am still trying to get the hang of driving it with some finesse. If the water police seen me driving the leccy they would "pull" me over for sure!

P.S. Interesting colouring on the flatty's small dark banding, never seen anything like that before

Edited by DarkHorse

Mullet on an Anthrax??? :1yikes: That is amazing!! Mind you, you wouldn't want a jack to hijack it, either!!

Sounds you you guys had a lot of fun & no wonder Jewhunter is annoyed he wasn't allowed to join in!!! it is, after all, his back yard!! :1prop:

I can see you being out & about most days from now on, playing with your leccie!! Don't forget to recharge it (or does it do it whilst driving the boat?? Much easier.)

Well done on the flatties - a good feed!

Cheerio for now & Merry Xmas to you Tony & the family

Roberta