80cm Flatty Released For Santa

jenno64

Up early this morning and on the water by 6am. Did a drift with poddies in the channel and picked up a feisty 60cm fish that went into the tube. Headed over to the flats to troll HBs and picked up a lot of tiny flatties and a 40cm keeper. On the last run, I changed back to one of my favourite lures (Manns stetch 5 in black and red). Lucky it was on the heavier rod with the 6lb as just on a drop from 4' to 10' the line screams off. I managed to pedal out away from the weed and the fish came up without too much fuss. Netted her and pedalled over to a beach to measure her. She went bang on 80cm and after a couple of snaps, she went back in and I tried to take a vid as she waddled off. (The underwater ones aren't much chop either!)

May Santa bring a few more like her!

post-4017-1261534579_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1261534796_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1261534883_thumb.jpg

post-4017-1261534969_thumb.jpg

Edited by jenno64

Hey Hodgey,

I am the proud owner of 4 SX60s and I have dabbled with them but no real flatty success. They seem to have adecent rattle in them. The little reddies love them. What depth do you think they go to?

Have a fantastic Christmas and a happy new PB or two!

Nice effort Jenno64, I suppose you'd always have catching another big jew in mind and I'm sure you would get a lot more flathead in that yak of yours if you didn't.....

Keep up the good work Jenno and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family..

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Roberta,

When I get up there, I will need a lesson on those floating leases!

Jewgaffer,

I caught this fish on a newly replaced version of the lure that I got the jew on!

Slinky,

Retro is often the way to go!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas with their families!!!!!