Botany Bay 23-12-09

Penguin

Hi everyone,

My 6 and 7yr old boys have been asking me to take them for a fishing sesh. So today

my mate Bill and I took them out around midday onto the bay.

We went to secret spot no.2 (breakwall):1prop: and anchored up, we were onto fish more or

less straight away. The wind picked up and it got rough out there but the endless supply

rat Kings kept the boys thrilled, and me and Bill forever baiting hooks and untying tangled

knots. We had a trio of Bream and 8 Trevs come aboard as well, all destined for the plate.

The Kings ranged from 58 -64cm just shy of legal. My boys also had a few bust offs

on what felt like better fish, but on 2000 size reels running 4.5kg line they were hard to stop.

Live nippers, peeled prawns and chicken breast did most of the damage.

We had a top day in choppy conditions at times and did ok.

My sons came home happy tired just like their dad.

Heres a few pics.

post-1664-1261569517_thumb.jpg

There was something wrong with this ones rear.

post-1664-1261569533_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1261569549_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1261569575_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1261569587_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1261569605_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1261569619_thumb.jpg

post-1664-1261569639_thumb.jpg

Edited by penguin

HI Penguin, I was out with my son as well, saw you there with the boys, I got three trevs, three kings all undersize, busted off numerouse times as I was fishing with light gear.

didnt have the camera so I wont start a new post.

It was windy but ok, what started out to be a good days fishing turned into a commedy of errors and stuff ups, with my eletric anchor stoped working and lost my clip to my down rigger, twisted lines around my prop was the last call, packed up and went home.

I tried to anchor near you thats when I found my line around my prop after finding out my whinch was stuck :1badmood:

good to see your boys had a ball and both wearing there lifejackets.

My son caught his first ever king fish and brought him in all on his own :thumbup:

PS now I know your no so secret spot :1prop:

Edited by Groper

HI Penguin, I was out with my son as well, saw you there with the boys, I got three trevs, three kings all undersize, busted off numerouse times as I was fishing with light gear.

didnt have the camera so I wont start a new post.

It was windy but ok, what started out to be a good days fishing turned into a commedy of errors and stuff ups, with my eletric anchor stoped working and lost my clip to my down rigger, twisted lines around my prop was the last call, packed up and went home.

I tried to anchor near you thats when I found my line around my prop after finding out my whinch was stuck :1badmood:

good to see your boys had a ball and both wearing there lifejackets.

My son caught his first ever king fish and brought him in all on his own :thumbup:

PS now I know your no so secret spot :1prop:

I recognised your boat out there when u came past but I coudnt remember which Raiders boat it was,

I was gona give you a wave but my mate was on a King at the time and he was afraid he would

lose it. He lost a nice King 30 mins earlier to another boats anchor rope after they came and anchored

20mtrs behind us over our berley trail :1badmood:

Congrats on helping your son get onto a few fish, to bad about your other dramas on the water but

the wind did make things hard for everyone.

cheers

Edited by penguin

I recognised your boat out there when u came past but I coudnt remember which Raiders boat it was,

I was gona give you a wave but my mate was on a King at the time and he was afraid he would

lose it. He lost a nice King 30 mins earlier to another boats anchor rope after they came and anchored

20mtrs behind us over our berley trail :1badmood:

Congrats on helping your son get onto a few fish, to bad about your other dramas on the water but

the wind did make things hard for everyone.

cheers

doest that get on your nerves, they did to us early on, right into the berly trail :mad3:

I did yell at them and they mooved.

It was like a parking lot early that day, looks like everyone is on hollidays.

I plan to get back to work sometime in feb.

Edited by Groper

Hey penguin,

Well done on a good sesion of kingies and bream with your boys, there are certainly plenty around.

Are you going to be fishing the harbour anytime soon?

Andrew

I'd like to get out on the harbour soon mate, just finding it hard to find the spare time atm.

cheers