27/12/09 Last Nite Botany Bay

DGF

hey guys took my mates boat out @ 10am yesturday got half way and the motor was playing up so wasted half the day sorting that out got the boat back in went home picked up my boat and 3 of us went out again to botany the night looked good and i could feel we were gonna hit a jewie (never got one before) so anyway hit up the hotwater outlet for a while catching some trevvors etc.. so we at least got a feed :P and then the yakkas came out took about 30 of them kept them in the live tank 12 were only good to use as live bait the rest for 30cm o_O so kept them for a feed too :P anyway yakkas stoped around 10-11 pm so i said we gonna head over to the runway and give it a go for a jew.

Set up everything got 3 rods out with live yakkas and 2 other rods with squid pieces and another with a prawn for the odd flatty/bream .

laid down started to chill and have a power nap then BANG the prawn rod goes off and my mate is stressn coz he thinks somthings wrong with his rod/reel that he just bought coz it was feeling really weird pulling it up, anyway we managed to bring it to the surface i had the net ready coz it was a big hit and BAM 65cm Jew hooked THROUGH THE GOD DAMN TAIL!!!!!!! measured in at 65cm rough weight would of been 2kg maybe lil more

of course i wasnt too happy :( coz i still havnt caught a jew and everytime i take somone out they catch one but i dont lol pics below.

Shit pic with phone in the car park after we came back had more but they were worse mate took a pic of it at his house which is also below

20047_1316021545040_1365758966_911833_5259259_n.jpg

20047_1316024065103_1365758966_911834_197053_n.jpg

end of the day still had heaps of fish + the jew we split the the fish 3 ways mate took the jew he cought and my other mate an i split the rest

Edited by DGF

haha that is the next plan :P hell ill put out 6 rods if i must :P

Hey DGF,

Groper's right - if you can handle the lonliness of fishing alone (I have for many years now), then you can have the fish yourself, until you get sick of it and need their company again....

At night though, it gets a bit weird by yourself....your mind plays tricks on you, your rods begin to speak and the clouds start to look like animals....

OK - now I'm freaking myself out too....

But seriously - I would not recommend going alone at night - if something goes wrong, it's a different world out there when the lights go out...

Just some advice - don't put out too many rods if on your own coz if a livie goes off in a big way, you have to pull in the other rods first before you can confidently fight the fish - then you might have to up-anchor as well and chase - meaning you need a mate. Also, we're only allowed 4 rods per person, courtesy of the fisheries laws.

My suggestion is to take a mate but take turns on "who's on strike". Basically, your turn starts at the beginning of the trip and ends when you go home....sounds fair, eh?

Tony