Berley

patchy

Just trying to increase my knowledge about fishing as i am pretty much a noob, but what is a good berley to use and how should it be used, as i often hear experienced fishermen saying "berley the water/fish, dont feed them" or something along those lines.

thank in advance.

you need a mincer so there is no chunks off eatable size in your berly trail to feed the target fish

1 block off pillys[minced]

1 bottle off tuna oil

2 packets off bread crumbs

1packet off brain

1 packet off polard

mix together and freeze in berly pot sizes

i freeze this mix in split pvc tubes the same size as my berly pots easy to store and good for 3 hours

hope this helps cheers gary

you need a mincer so there is no chunks off eatable size in your berly trail to feed the target fish

1 block off pillys[minced]

1 bottle off tuna oil

2 packets off bread crumbs

1packet off brain

1 packet off polard

mix together and freeze in berly pot sizes

i freeze this mix in split pvc tubes the same size as my berly pots easy to store and good for 3 hours

hope this helps cheers gary

what are pilly's or polard? and do i get sheep brains?

how do i berley the water exactly ?

thanks again:)

pillys are pilchards

polard is a fine almost powder like grain [looks like bran ]

you can use anything in your berly as long as it goes through a mincer[did'nt know sheep had brains :074: ]

keep all your left over bait and fish frames and prawn heads and chuck it through the mincer

i make berly about once a month on days the weather is crap

cheers gary

you can buy a berly pot that you tye to the back off your boat or one with a lead weight that sits on the bottom i use both

if it's all a bit much you can buy berly mix at most tackle shops i just like to use the scraps from the last few times i go fishing

Edited by brickman

pillys are pilchards

polard is a fine almost powder like grain [looks like bran ]

you can use anything in your berly as long as it goes through a mincer[did'nt know sheep had brains :074: ]

keep all your left over bait and fish frames and prawn heads and chuck it through the mincer

i make berly about once a month on days the weather is crap

cheers gary

you can buy a berly pot that you tye to the back off your boat or one with a lead weight that sits on the bottom i use both

if it's all a bit much you can buy berly mix at most tackle shops i just like to use the scraps from the last few times i go fishing

that clears a few things up:) thanks heaps. you can also berley the water if you are fishing off a wharf yes?

that clears a few things up:) thanks heaps. you can also berley the water if you are fishing off a wharf yes?

yes berly a constant streem and watch were it goes a peeled prawn with no weight free spooled down the berly trail would account for some good bream i would think

once your berly trail is setup start fishing for live bait and work your way up the food chain always have a livey out but i would work the berly trail with free spooled baits

good luck cheers gary