Botany Bay And Hawkesbury River Reports?

Longy

Hi All,

Will be heading out to Hawkesbury River on New Years day, and follow up on the Saturday, taking the boat out to Botany Bay (going out early morning on both days).

Any one with recent success in any of those two areas, saw a few post about Botany Bay, but never seem to get the success that others do (get mainly Trevs and yakkas and many, many throw back pinkies)?

Also, where would I be able to pump for worms or nippers in Sydney? Tried in Chipping Nortons lake last time was in Syndey (last month), but had no success from around the shore lines.

Thanks.

Regards,

Long

Hi Long, the bay is not an easy place to fish if dont know your way around, I have been out at least 15 times this year and Im only just starting to get a feel for it.

drift along yarra bay to laparouse for flat head, very light gear on the beach in the corner of laparouse for bream, Trevs.

oil warf has some king a metre of the bottom with squid strips or pilchard halves.

I dont think my info will help much, its all a feel for the place.

Went on the fish today to see how Id go with the king tide in the morn..... Being land based at kyeemagh had absolutely no luck! used nippers for bait only managed a few just undersize bream and a couple of rays..... Not even whiting..... somethings going on!

I knew this would be the outcome as its just a little early in the season few more weeks should do it, however the king tide seems to sometimes put fish off

Good Luck :thumbup:

Try bayview sand flats or mcCarrs creek up the pittwater for nippers,but you cant take anything from the harbour foreshore for bait ,including worms,nippers,cunjevoi or shellfish.Theres more info at the fisheries website.Just click the link above.