Harbour Bash With Geoff

humesy

G'day folks and happy new years,

Hit the harbour with fishraider Geoff, following some upgrades to my new boat. I have had the good fortune to get to know Geoff and he has helped out with my upgrades. Geoff was keen to see his handywork in action and I was only too happy to show him.

We began at 6.30 at Roseville and headed downstream to catch some livies. This took a while but they finally came. Geoff pulled the first fish of the day, i nice little flounder. Schools of chopper tailor were pinching the fresh squid so we headed off to the main harbour and into the fresh southerly with the plan of downrigging. This plan was promptly dismissed when it was discovered that the downrigger wasn't in the boat. Anchored up at spot X and deployed livies and squid strips. Geoff's vintage Penn Senator was the first reel to sing for the day but twas only a rat. I had a nice hit on one of the yakkas but what felt like a good fish found its freedom after a 5 second burst. The next hit came instantly on the same rod seconds after the next yakka was thrown into the fray. Managed to boat it but alas, it was 2cm short of keeper status.

The unmentionable and top secret Spot X and the kingy.

post-1006-1262315043_thumb.jpg

The action slowed and we tried the yellow marker after hearing excited reports from a passing boatie. Action was slow but Geoff scored a nice eater sized flattie as by-catch.

Definitely not the slowest day on the water but geez I'm due for a keeper kingie. I reckon my last 15 kings have been rats.

The photo shows some of the improvements. I am particularly happy with the baitboard/live bait tank, with accompanying deckwash. Thanks again Geoff and you are always welcome aboard.

Cheers

Well done Andrew and it's good to see Geoff out and into the action, he sure is a quite an achiever.. :thumbup: The Blue Fin looks really good Andrew I was over at Geoff's the other week and I must say I was impressed with the whole set up, it's a good looking high sided boat that one and as I was saying to Geoff it's just right for the Harbour and Longreef ...

Anyway I hope the kingfish were kind to old Geoff as I'll be helping him along on the Hawkesbury on Monday as best as I can and we'll only have sixteen hours available to fish in :biggrin2:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: