First Yak Outing Of The Decade

arpie

Hi all

Up bright & early, 6am this morning to take advantage of the high morning tide (and beat a lot of the boaties, too! ;) ) The tide was running very fast & I tossed some pencils around the flats of the Breck Channel to a few hits & even got a flattie that launched itself into the air in an effort to get the lure!!

Mid 40s flattie

post-2231-1262324660_thumb.jpg

Initially I thought it was a long tom & I yanked it back to the yak, not wanting to lose my lure (I had already lost a brand new NW52 on its first cast to a long tom or pike this morning! :1badmood::mad3::ranting2: ) Now I know how Tristan felt when he lost his, first cast! :( So was surprised when I caught this flattie on the cheaper Hawk 'sammy lookalike'! I'll be using it more now!

I headed to the Paddock & fished the flats & shallows there & got into a school of bream, many small ones but a few legal ones, too.

nice breambos

post-2231-1262324741_thumb.jpg

post-2231-1262324802_thumb.jpg

Once again, I had a 'big' fish on & it got off! :ranting2: Once again, perhaps it was a whiting as I then hooked this beautie on a gulp shrimp, which gave me a good fight!! I kept the whiting & flattie for a fish meal, as Sails & his family coming up today.

Fat whiting

post-2231-1262324875_thumb.jpg

I cast to the same area & immediately tightened onto what I thought would be another nice whiting .... WRONG!!!

The dreaded Stick Fish!

post-2231-1262325071_thumb.jpg

High tide in the lake was supposed to be late morning & so I was surprised when it was still running in strongly at 12pm!! I had to ring Keith & delay my 'pick up' as I would be fighting against the current all the way back to base!

I bumped into another yak fisho, Phil, who is keen to try the rivers next week sometime!! No worries - I look forward to it, already!!!

I hope you managed to wet a line on this, the first day of the next decade ........ hope you caught some, too!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Go Roberta!!! Only you could get the trifecta on the first day of 2010! I hit the rocks this arvo to a sneaky spot that is only fishable about 2 days a year. Had a ball catching little pigs and bream. Took home 3 fish from about 30. Non stop action on nippers! Yakking wil be soon! Happy new year!

Nice work Roberta! Happy new year, you're already off to a great start! You just made me think of it, I got my fist fish of the decade this morning. A 31cm blacky followed by a 33cm. Will put up a report if I get time, but that's what I said about the last few sessions. I'm holidaying in feb sometime, I'm over this work crap!

Hi Tristan

It's been a bit quiet ever since tho! :( I'm blaming all the holiday makers! :wacko:

You'll deserve your holiday, come Feb! If you make it up this way, give me a yahoo.

Well done on the blackies. I haven't tried for them in ages!! Been trying to practise the bream thing! Very trying!!

Cheerio

Roberta