Tweed Sledging Session

I feel betrayed!

I discovered Jewhunter was two timing me by taking BrownDog 2 out on the Tweed today. :1pash:

He wasn't even man enough to act ashamed when I spoke to him on the phone last night. So I took the moral high-ground and took my own boat down to make him feel uncomfortable with his 'other woman'.

He only wants you for your coffee thermos Brown Dog!!! :mad3:

Anyway, by the time the fishing cuckold was on the water, I already had a 47cm Flattie in the live well. Jewhunter was doing his best 'girl's blouse' impression, sitting on his wittle seat so his wittle feet didn't get hurty wurties.

post-6175-1262490493_thumb.jpg

The going looked like being a little tough with a ripping current going in the opposite direction to a moderate breeze to make leccy work challenging. BrownDog was up to it though, blooding a sweet new Loomis/Curado outfit with a neat little Jack.

Here he is doing his best 'Ron Calcutt' impression...

post-6175-1262490616_thumb.jpg

Needless to say, Jewhunter politely pointed out that his boat has now accounted for 2 Jacks vs my own score of 0. I politely pointed out that while I've lost 3 Jacks since our hunt started, he hasn't actually hooked one. He in turn, inquired as to the innovative method of dropping fish I'd be employing for the day. I pointed out that as I by now had another 44cm Flattie in the well, I was considering not actually losing fish for a change.

It should now be noted that my boat was missing something today... the carefully designed and crafted black cat decals that adorned it's sides are gone... it's become that bad!! :1prop:

The fishing continued to be tough with both boats working a lot of snaggy shoreline for no result... although Brown Dog swears he busted off on one of the rare tree-climbing Tweed Jacks on one prime stretch. Any time either boat made a visit into the bank to retrieve lures, polite commentary was provided from the other boat. :pokey:

It must be said that while last time Jewhunter did a lot of gardening, today it mas my turn to do some pruning. I even managed to hit a submerged rock to the amusement of JH and BD (although they only payed out after they found out it was only a tap on the hull and not the prop or anything important... thanks for caring boys)

The witty repartee continued :04: unabated all morning. I was probably behind at day's end but only because I didn't need the back up of another player... JH was firing constant missiles but had the bad habit of then leaving himself open to a quick return of fire by copying whatever I'd done to provide an opening in the first place.

BrownDog was on-fire though playing a game of quality, not quantity. He didn't say as much as JH (very few people do) but most of his comments were met with howls of laughter from JH while I, in the absence of immediate come-backs, had to resort to blue language.

Just before a strong Southerly change hit, putting an end to the session, JH connected to a nice Big Eye Trevally near the Chindera bridge. Fishing a baby popper on light gear, his first 3 casts got a missed hook-up, a bust-off and this nice fish, which like all trevs gave a very tough fight.

post-6175-1262491616_thumb.jpg

(Note the attractive colour coordination... JH was undisputed winner of 'fashion on the field' for the day)

BrownDog managed a short lived hook-up on 3lb gear. Unfortunately, fishing light doesn't mean you don't need to set your drag... but he's only learning :074:

All together a great fun day on the water. I'll just go and wash the blood out of the back of my shirt and then settle down to a feed of Flattie fillets. I may have been jilted for the day but I'll just have to harden up and do my talking with my fishing rod :gun_bandana:

Thanks for a fun day, girls.

Cheers, Slinky

:074::074::Funny-Post::Funny-Post:

Loved reading that, Slinky! It is hard when you have been jilted for another - well done on getting the nice flatties tho - not sure if anything much 'edible' was caught on 'the other boat' (which shall remain nameless ...) altho I must admit that pic of a Jack almost looks legal ......

Good to hear it wasn't raining as well, to dampen the spirit ....... it has been raining at least once a day here since Xmas (sometimes the once was ALL day! :ranting2: )

Next time I come up your way, you can take me Jack Hunting ........ I'll keep you company ...... with my 1lb silly string!! :biggrin2:

Keep up the good work ........ and keep fishing as well

Cheerio

Roberta

Thanks for joining us for the session mate! :1yikes:

That was a heap of fun. Tough going once again on the jacks. At least you got the :wife: a feed of flatties to take over the border.

The sledging didn't stop all morning. A barrel of laughs had by all finished of by Slinky turning his boat hard next to mine spraying me with water. :074:

That Trev was great fun on a popper. Shame we couldn't connect to a few more.

I'm glad that bloody black cat has gone from the boat! We might be able to land those big fish we keep losing from now on. :thumbup:

I can't wait until we get up to Monduran. No matter what the fishing is like we will have a blast.

Thanks again mate for awarding me the 'fashions of the field' award!

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks for joining us for the session mate! :1yikes:

That was a heap of fun. Tough going once again on the jacks. At least you got the :wife: a feed of flatties to take over the border.

The sledging didn't stop all morning. A barrel of laughs had by all finished of by Slinky turning his boat hard next to mine spraying me with water. :074:

That Trev was great fun on a popper. Shame we couldn't connect to a few more.

I'm glad that bloody black cat has gone from the boat! We might be able to land those big fish we keep losing from now on. :thumbup:

I can't wait until we get up to Monduran. No matter what the fishing is like we will have a blast.

Thanks again mate for awarding me the 'fashions of the field' award!

Cheers,

Grant.

The pink crocs and the blue shorts are very chic Grant :074:

We might have to hook the poly up and drive up there to join in and have a proper competition - MUC lol

She who must be obeyed (the sweet polite one)

Oh Tony,

You just wait till the old Swordy gets onboard with you and we go up against the mutt and the brown dog.

We will win the sledging war by a mile and I can account for those two amateurs by myself :074::074:

As for fish ,we will kick their crappy Hornets ass to the kerb and back and still be hauling in the monsters.

Be WARNED IMBBY BOY ,I will be up there asap and you will be crying all the way down the Tweed.

Well done Slinky and the other two also rans :biggrin2:

Regards Stewy

Bring it on Stewy!!

I reckon you're too scared to tow that heap of crap floating tupperware container with a motor that you call a boat up here to tangle with some real fish!! :tease:

I have much ammunition to fire across your bow when you get here.

You'll be crying all the way back to the Cooks with your tail between your legs once I show you how it's done!!!

Have a look at the photo of me holding the Trev. I think that's Browndog saying to you " kiss my ass"! LOL

MUC!

Cheers,

Grant.

Slinky, it's a real shame that you haven't scored a jack yet. :074:

You & jewhunter are only 3 behind at the moment. I wonder how long it's going to take you two to catch up! : :ranting2:

Jewhunter thinks that you crossed the front of his boat too many times with the black cat. That's his excuse anyway, not mine!

Good on ya mate,

Greg.

Slinky, it's a real shame that you haven't scored a jack yet. :074:

You & jewhunter are only 3 behind at the moment. I wonder how long it's going to take you two to catch up! : :ranting2:

Jewhunter thinks that you crossed the front of his boat too many times with the black cat. That's his excuse anyway, not mine!

Good on ya mate,

Greg.

I'm just glad you give us a fighting chance by fishing with loose drag... otherwise we'd be chasing a score of closer to a dozen :biggrin2:

Thanks for another fun day on the Tweed, mate and congrats on your first ever post.

Cheers, Slinky

i was up the tweed for the last 6 days didnt take the boat so was only landbased. found a heap of small bream 20-30cm on poppers and walk the dog lures out the front of seagulls. fished some bridges closer to the mouth for a few flatties and some small gt's on 2lb and 4lb which was awsome. then spent 2 days at tyalgum and got 3 small bass in a freshwater creek the runs through our cousins farm. the tweed is a great place cant wait to go back hopefully take the boat next time.