Boxing Day Bass

WINDON

Well boxing day dawned very wet, did I mention it was wet. House bound down the coast at the mother in laws with the extended family can only be sustained for so long. I was given a green light so I decided to drag on the waders and jacket and launch the canoe in a little creek that had not been explored before. The target was Bass and the effort to launch the canoe was extremely intense. Once on the water the action started immediately with the first fish 40cm fork on a plastic. Followed by a couple missed fish and then a few more around 35-39cm fork. I then push up the creek dragging the canoe across the rocky rapids and slowly fishing the deep pools. I got smoked in one pool and pulled another few fish from the higher pools with all fish around 38-39 fork and very fat fish. On one rock rapid I had to turn the canoe on its side and empty the water out. Pushed back down to the top end of the first pool where the cicadas where going off so I through my favorite hard body surface lure into a snag and within 3 seconds got smashed and smoked in even less time. I tied another lure on exactly the same and cast it at another snag. Again it hit the water and it exploded in seconds, I was on and landed a PB on a surface lure of 46cm fork. Sadly my time pass ran out and I was forced home but top session in new water.post-6037-1262514383_thumb.jpg post-6037-1262514414_thumb.jpg

Location,location,location what a view where did you say that spot

was again WINDON lol.... Congrats on your PB for the Bronze Battler,

I know that feeling bro it feels great especially when you crack a 50cms+

Bassn4eva... :thumbup:

Cheers Rizzo :biggrin2: