1st Time Out On The Water

Dusky

Hi All - Hope you all had a great new year & welcome to 2010.

I took my new boat out on Sunday morning for its 1st test run (time & kids had stopped me till Sunday morning) :1boat:

Well, after checking it over for all the required safety bits & pieces to keep Maritime happy I made sure the boat was "ship shape" - checking straps, bungs, placing tools, fishing gear, fuel, dry clothes & a jacket in the car I hitched up & headed over to mrs flightmanager & #1son to pick them & a couple of his friends to take out as company & moral support - plus to get a short lesson in Lure fishing.

We headed for the boat ramp at the Nepean River & planned to go up stream for a couple of hours to see what was happening & how the boat would run. As we approached the river the weather closed in with sheets of humid misty rain up & down the river. :05: But we were determined to give it a go & looking forward to some fun (fishing in any weather is fun!)

Launched the boat without too much bother - while I was organizing myself 2 other boaties who could tell I was a beginner offered to assist :biggrinthumb: - with all on board we headed up stream.

The boat performed ok. No smoke for the old motor & moved along ok in the water. With rain steadily getting heavier we pushed on. we found a little nook to anchor in & set ourselves up to do a little lure fishing for carp or perch. :1fishing1:

After about 1/2 Hr of tossing lures towards the underwater structures all we caught were 2 dead stick & 1 weed fish. However unlucky at fishing on the day the river was peaceful & we all enjoyed being able to just sit & listen to the rain showers as they passed & to the occasional bird song, what a great morning we had. :1clap:

After about an hour of peace we saw the Maritime inspector heading up river zig-zaging from boat to boat. However I was pleased to find that he was very understanding, as I had a few things to get done at the boat shop later this week & after a brief chat he headed off into the grey with a wave. :thumbup:

As the rain got heavier & all we saw were 100mm carp we headed back to see if I could manage to get the boat back on the trailer. So I headed back yo the dock to unload my guests.

This was achieved easily with #1son driving & me working the trailer winch. :D

once I released the bungs there was not much water to drain out - it had been raining.

So all in all we had a quiet uneventful morning out on the river. The boat went ok without any disturbing things to worry me about.

I am looking forward to getting a little more experience to I can get into the harbor to see if nail some of those kingies

Edited by Dusky

Thanks for a great time out on the water yesterday Dusky. Myself, #1 Son and his friends really enjoyed ourselves despite the lack of fish and the dismal weather. :thumbup::thumbup:

Although there where no fish caught, it was a good way to kill a few hours and for you to get the feel for your new boat. Once the last few things are done on the boat, I think you will have a fabulous vessel that will give you hours of enjoyment and hopefully heaps of top fish.

Hopefully next time you have the boat in the water there may be a fish or 2 put onboard.

Good luck with it and stay safe on the water. :1fishing1:

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Edited by mrs flightmanager