Avoca Rock's

bangus

Gooday,

Raider's (The son is doing the report for today)Got there early at 5 am and the sea was flat so I riged up a bait jig and went for yellowtail there was a lot of yellowtail but they were all to big for livebait as the sun came up spin for 5 hrs nothing :thumbdown: nobody was catching any bonnies :thumbdown: then we went swiming for 2hrs when we came back the bonito are on.And then mercer 007 came and Ray R came as well wilst my dad was spining I was going for Blackfish but I cant hook them.Then I gave the rod to my DaD and DaD hooked one for me and man do they fight and came up my first Blackfish :thumbup: hooked few more but lost them :thumbdown:.Gave up the Blackfish fishing and started spining hooked a bonnie on lite line it realy is fun :thumbup: .And my DaD hooked something big fighted like a kingy but came up a big bonito pic of it is on the last pic I thank Ray R for the pics and mercer 007 enjoy the pics

Cheers bangus :1fishing1:

post-10205-1262773205_thumb.jpg

post-10205-1262773250_thumb.jpg

post-10205-1262773266_thumb.jpg

post-10205-1262773279_thumb.jpg

post-10205-1262773294_thumb.jpg

Edited by bangus

l recommend the aus govornment should put more notice that angler need to be wear PFD when rock fishing as the number of dead during rock fishing is increasing.

Government like Taiwan has put a law to complusorly need the angler to wear a PFD and non slippery shoes.

cheers

Well Done Guys... you seem to have avoca figured out great stuff and as a few others have mentioned Its great to see you all in safety gear your setting a great example for other anglers I have rock boots but a life jacket is not such a bad idea also.. and great pics by the way....

Regards,

Nathan

That's a great report. It looks like you had some fun.

Fishing the rocks would have to be one of my favourite ways to fish.

I will warn you now, if you start fishing for blackfish too much, you will become addicted.

I know I am

gav

That's a great report. It looks like you had some fun.

Fishing the rocks would have to be one of my favourite ways to fish.

I will warn you now, if you start fishing for blackfish too much, you will become addicted.

I know I am

gav

yea i'm already addicted you don't need to buy bait and lure's there also a good fighting fish.

Cheer's bangus jr .......Robin :1fishing1:

Good fishing there guys.

Glad to see you are wearing pfd's and boots. :thumbup:

Actually as a genereal comment, when I was at Garie Beach, I saw quite a few people coming back form the rocks with PFD's and wearing rock boots. :thumbup:

The goverment should push rockfisherman to wear PFD's and rockcleats as it show's the people who have past away from drowning and not wearing rockcleats and PFD's at the entrance to avoca rock's :thumbdown:

Cheers bangus jr ...........Robin

Edited by bangus

pushing people to wear life jackets is not the awnser ,they can be more dangreous to you in conditions that call for you to be able to swim under the wave ,the last thing you want is to be picked up like a bobby corke and smashed into the rocks ,you should be able to swim is a good start ,second you should understand the water at the location you are fishing ,third is we are all in for a suppries in the hip pocket with licence fees to increase to cover the cost of rescue and third party clalms for injury done to others while fishing ,this is what we have to look foward to in the next two years ,if you take some one fishing or tell some one to fish at a locatiion and it all gose wrong ,who do you think they are going to come after ,DUITY OF CARE ,its all ready set in stone in leagal world ,your mate wont sue ,but his mother or wife ,next of kin will when it come down to the bottom line , so think twice about where this safty isue will go .

not all the names at avoca lost there lives there fishing ,some were surfing champs that past away thru natural caues others just loved the place so there loved one plast a plark there in there rembreance ,the amount of locals that have there ash scheaered there is quite large ,