Can You Pick The Difference

Bruce the Postie

G'day All,

Well the old girl turns 40 this year,and i thought that to cheer her up ,i would treat her to some plastic sugery.

As happens with a lot of 40 year old's,they tend to become a little saggy around arse :biggrin2: so this is the area that we decided to concentrate on.

I have included a couple of before and after pics. Sharp eyes should spot a few changes.

Old

post-5510-1262848013_thumb.jpg

New

post-5510-1262848051_thumb.jpg

Happy New Year Raiders,

Cheers, Bruce :beersmile:

New longer grab rail on dash.

The motor has been serviced by someone different (or the sticker has peeled off)

Transducer + speed wheel moved (per new transom already mentioned above)

No starboard engine well drain hole (per new transom) im guessing it now drains out the centre under the motor.

Fold down rocket launcher no longer visible in the new pic.

Compass relocated or changed ?

Cant see the Hummingbird sounder?

Special suction caps fitted to trailer so a tie down strap is no longer needed !!!

Ok I give up now

Rod

Not bad you guy's,

Because the two photos were taken some time apart,i had almost forgotten about some of the mods and

upgrades i had done,but the keen eyes of raiders reminded me quick smart!!.

So lets see how you went?

post-5510-1262927830_thumb.jpg

post-5510-1262928023_thumb.jpg

1/ New transom(the hole in the starboard side of the old transom used to be part of old steering setup)

2/ Burley bucket gone

3/ Stickers gone

4/ Ally Trim gone

5/ Rear light gone (soon to be updated)

6/ New seats

7/ New compass

8/ New fishfinder (Lowrance x515 df)

9/ New longer grabrail

10/ Tie down strap and rocket launcher (still there but out of shot)

11/ Boogey board gone

12/ EPIRB fitted

But i am very dissapointed that nobody noticed that i have painted the bloody house !

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

Hi Bruce, you have been a busy boy and good work. You should also think of raising that engine a hole or two. At hole no.1, as she is at present, you are not getting the best out of her and with the SST prop you have you could go to hole no.3 and transform the boat.

Cheers,

Huey.

G'day Huey,

I have always thought about raising the motor by a hole or two,and now with your learned advice,i think i will do just that.

Approx. how many revs should it pick up per hole. Current performance is not too bad with 67 kmh reached at WOT being 5400-5600 depending on trim.

Any advice would be fantastic.

Cheers,

Bruce

Hi Bruce, yes I would mate and your revs are good at present so going up a hole or two will allow you to perhaps turn a higher pitched prop and get even better performance. Ideal WOT RPM for your V4 with normal load is around 5500. Raising it you might see a couple hundred more revs and worse case is that it does not work and you need to lower it, but it really is not hard to raise your engine, remove the top bolts and just loosen the bottom bolts and easy to raise and lower then.

Cheers,

Huey.