Cronulla Kings

mikeh191

Hi Raiders, Took 2 mates out[Josh and Wade] on wednesday out off port hacking first stop catching squid at jibbon, no squid there but as we were drifting Wade spotted a $50 note in the water. :thumbup: We then tried shark island where we caught plenty of yakkas and squid. Nexted stop was to our kingy spot where we deployed 1 live squid on the downrigger and 2 more on poormans downrigger. There were good shows on the sounder and it didn't take long when joshs rod buckled over. We could see this was a solid fish and after a 10 minute fight Josh had the kingy boat side where i netted it. Great effort considering we were in only 14 metres of water and he caught it on a 30lb line and a 50lb trace, the kingy measured 104cms and was a very solid fish it later weighed 12kg. :yahoo: Caught kings for hours [mostly rats] with the occasional bust off, ended up with only 1 other keeper a 68cm fish. Lost count how many fish we caught ,what a top day. Photos to come soon.

Cheers Mike

Edited by FISHBONES

Well done mike. Mike rang me when he got home Wed arvo, with the tale of the hoodlum, and as my work is just across the road from mike's and it being a slow day, I scooted across to have a sticky beak and yes I can confirm that the boys had a hoodlum king in the esky. I didn't see the "$50" catch in the esky though, so I'll put that down to another "fishing tale". Ha ha.

Regards Kit

Edited by cruisecraft

Well done mike. Mike rang me when he got home Wed arvo, with the tale of the hoodlum, and as my work is just across the road from mike's and it being a slow day, I scooted across to have a sticky beak and yes I can confirm that the boys had a hoodlum king in the esky. I didn't see the "$50" catch in the esky though, so I'll put that down to another "fishing tale". Ha ha.

Regards Kit

$50 will buy 2 good plate size snapper at the fish markets :tease:

I would have hung around where you got the fifty bucks.

I believe they "school'" so there might have been more around :1prop:

An afterthought. Maybe you were fishing at "The Banks"

Edited by twoblues

nice fish dude

thats the biggest king Ive seen round nulla

might be tempted to head out sunday now :1prop:

there not just at the harbour then

what bait did you get him on

squid/yakkas or slimies??? ty

We got him slow trolling a live squid on a poor mans downrigger.We still got plenty on yakkas too.

Cheers Mike

well done mike spewn i missed out and had 2 work wade had a ball wwas out 2day was like a carpark but they just werent on the chew seen a few floating past the boat around 70cm if only everyday was as good as that!!!! goodluck 2morro i'll be on radio 2morro 2 check out how u go. fingers crossed we can land a marlin :yahoo:

Awesome king.

The $50 was probably from a disgruntled fisho who decided to save time and just chuck his hard earned straight in the drink, saving him a trip to the tackle shop, servo etc. He got away pretty lightly I think.

Great fish, I hope there is one of those out there with my name on it, if not the fish then the pineapple...

Cheers,

Jas.

Top stuff there Guys and that's one Hell of a Kingie Sydney fishing is really starting to make a comeback either that or there's just alot more people out there that know what they are doing either way Its fantastic to see fish like that not too far away from home!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Hi Raiders, Took 2 mates out[Josh and Wade] on wednesday out off port hacking first stop catching squid at jibbon, no squid there but as we were drifting Wade spotted a $50 note in the water. :thumbup: We then tried shark island where we caught plenty of yakkas and squid. Nexted stop was to our kingy spot where we deployed 1 live squid on the downrigger and 2 more on poormans downrigger. There were good shows on the sounder and it didn't take long when joshs rod buckled over. We could see this was a solid fish and after a 10 minute fight Josh had the kingy boat side where i netted it. Great effort considering we were in only 14 metres of water and he caught it on a 30lb line and a 50lb trace, the kingy measured 104cms and was a very solid fish it later weighed 12kg. :yahoo: Caught kings for hours [mostly rats] with the occasional bust off, ended up with only 1 other keeper a 68cm fish. Lost count how many fish we caught ,what a top day. Photos to come soon.

Cheers Mike

Hi Mike well done on the kingie, too bad i missed this kind of action earlier in the week. oh well, next time :thumbup: