Game Rods Upgrade

hey guys

i am looking to upgrade my shimano backbone rods however i didn't quite want to spend $450 on the t curve and the penns are simalar priced.

does manyone have any suggestions ? i am looking to spend between $200 and $350.

i am running tld 50 s and tiagra 30 s both with 24kg. the tiagras top shotted over 65lb whiplash.

i run 300lb black pete wind ons.

i have checked out the melton tackle site and they have quite a few rods.

also do you need a rod with wind on guides as my backbone rods handle the wind ons fine.

any help would be very appreciated

:1prop:

cheers sleepy

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

i am looking to upgrade my shimano backbone rods however i didn't quite want to spend $450 on the t curve and the penns are simalar priced.

does manyone have any suggestions ? i am looking to spend between $200 and $350.

i am running tld 50 s and tiagra 30 s both with 24kg. the tiagras top shotted over 65lb whiplash.

i run 300lb black pete wind ons.

i have checked out the melton tackle site and they have quite a few rods.

also do you need a rod with wind on guides as my backbone rods handle the wind ons fine.

any help would be very appreciated

:1prop:

cheers sleepy

Sleepy,

I use T-curves, and usually suggest them to others though if I was asked for a slightly cheaper rod that is more than capable and almost up there with the T-Curves I would suggest The Daiwa Ninja Powerlifters.

I beleive theses retail for around 300 (or just under) and come with a full set of aftco rollers, or around 200 with just a roller tip. They are line class perfect in my opinion, and are stiff enough to really set hooks whilist trolling.

I dont use windons, but if your backbone didnt have issues, these wont either.

Regards

Chris