South West Rocks

Jewie Jim

Hi Raiders,

Did a trip to SWR with Sea Rabbit jan 8th - 11th trolled livies arvo of the 8th and a quick skirt troll.

Threw every thing at em on the 9th but only around Trial bay due to amount of fuel on board. Some mates ran to the fad for 3 dollies 5 - 5 and 8kg. We hooked n lost a couple of hammers.

On the 10th we were gased up and made a run for the canyon via the fad, trolled all the way, turned back 20k out 4k shy of the mark due to cond, back at the fad drifted livies around for nada (should of been here yesterday ha ha), threw on hard bodies for the run back to pick up a tiny bonnie right back in close. after that out went the livies to get smashed by hammers, hooked at least 15 of em.

Had the chance to go out for a morning sesh on the 11th but decided to just pack n head home as noboby was realy getin any game fish. And we had been roughing it with no accomidation (sleepin on the boat)

Got a nice 1.1kg bream in the river fishing for a night time jew. But when we pulled anchor after the run out it had elodia weed from the fresh on it. Maybe had somthing to do with the lack of game fish.

Hope i havent put anybody off going couple of days is a long time for things to change.

Hope to get back up feb 7-11th as im still to get my first marlin.

Lata Raidas

Waynie

Whoops loged on as my son sorry KIWI WAYNIE

Edited by Jewie Jim

Sounds as good as a holiday under a piece of corrigated iron in the outback :D Rather than sleeping on the boat and roughing it up at Southwest Rocks Wayne it might be time for you and Brett to bring your shaving gear along and sit back asleep waiting for that big jew that just might happen to come along :1yikes: I never fall asleep on the job and I'm pretty used to just sitting back and handling Hawkesbury catfish and eels in comfort :biggrin2:

Cheers :thumbup:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Yeah SWR hasnt started yet... normally it firing by now... waters not there yet...

its looking very promising of sydney at the moment..

im getting out asap!

http://www.cmar.csiro.au/remotesensing/oce...weS/latest.html

i fished there the week before christmas, the first day we trolled livies just off the jail in 21 degre water, for nothing. The second day the water was up to 24 degrees and i landed a 60kg black marlin. Day three the water was back to 22 degrees and void of all life it seemed. Its the first time i have fished there, and i have never seen the water temp fluctuate like that before, the currents must push in and out of the bay there or something?

mate of mine fished there last week..

had his livies out and hooked small black on soft plastic (on a patanoster rig) botom bashing for snapper..

Busted him off when it hit the surface

haaha couldnt stop laughing at him when he told me....