Parra River Breamin 11/01/10

NORBY

Hi all,

Hi the Parra & Lane Cover rivers early Sunday for a quick sesion using surface lures. Had a great day with most areas with less than 2 metres of water having a few fish hiding. Caught bream to 37cm, a few whiting to 41cm and a heap of small tailer which wern't much bigger than the lure.

One of the bream looked to have had a tough time, with a big chunk out of his back that had completely healed over.

post-99-1263468529_thumb.jpg

post-6674-1263363665_thumb.jpg

post-6674-1263363950_thumb.jpg

post-99-1263468546_thumb.jpg

Edited by swordfisherman

Well done Norby - isn't it exciting, doing topwater fishing? Nice fish!!

Yeah - always a shame to see net damaged fish, as Snag says ...... we get our fair share of them up here too! Mainly bream & blackfish. Someone tried to convince me that they were a different species! :1yikes:

As if!!

Nice looking lure, too! :biggrin2:

Roberta

Nice day out by the look of it. I've seen some decent breambo's in really shallow water close to shore in the LCR, and around Cockatoo recently. Saw a couple of stonkers (would have gone 40cm plus easy) under the wharf on the island the other day when I was working there.

Interestingly there are also a few huge fish marooned in Sutherland Dock (the dry dock on the western side of the island) for a few years now. Saw a huge fat black bream around 45cm I reckon, along with a flattie which is close on a metre long. But they are so well fed they aren't interested in chasing anything. Damn.

Thanks to everyone for their reples !

NICE GOING, ALWAYS SAD WHEN YOU SEE NICE BREAM WITH NET DAMAGE

Snag, I have offten wondered how this damge has occurred, as bream like this seem to be a fairly regular capture. On this day we caught 2 bream with this type of damage.

Top work Norby. Is that a Sammy in his gob?

Richmond, if you are talking about the whiting - yes it is a Sammy. Most of the other fish were taken on a Sugapen ( as seen in the other pics) The other lure that was working well was a clear Lucky Craft Gunfish - but this lure was donated to the biggest bream of the day when the 4lb leader gave way when the fish dived under the boat.

Regards

Craig

Edited by NORBY