Burley For Kings

the one that got away

Wondering if any one could share with me a burley recipe for kings??

I use yakkas and mullet as live bait and a squid head/hood every now and again.

Cheers, Zac

I don't use burley for kings as I mainly downrig (is that a verb?) for them, but I would guess if you want to burley from a static possie the standard chook pellets/tuna oil/ catfood mix would be what you use, just search the forums for burley.

I would think that burley would be of limited value for kings. It may attract baitfish which in turn could attract Kings I suppose but you're better off targeting structure with decent bait IMHO

Burley works well for the kings as long as they are in the area. Nothing like a hooked and panicky trevally or tailor to get the hoods exited and on the chew.

Don't really burley to catch the kings but sooner or later they always show up.

Anything from the bottom of the freezer!

Mashed up left over fish bits seem to work for me. Chuck in a spine and fins if you have butterflied or filleted a fish. Anything will do.

Funny thing can happen, especially towards autumn when the kings have been given a flogging all summer. They can find a burley trail, hoover the tiny chunks of fish and ignore any type of offering with a hook in it- all the way down to the tiniest slither on the smallest hook. They get wise.

dont laugh but Puke works a treat lol

I dont use berly, the reason being that we work hard for the squid, and we dont want to berly in the pickers to ruin our hard earned bait

If you in the right locations, and you have squid, they will come thru, just be patient