Port Hacking 15/01/2010

mako1

I launched from Tonkin Park and pedalled to the flats at the mouth of South West Arm.

I planned to fish with baits so I set up a burley trail cast the baits onto the flats.

For the next couple of hours all I caught was stingrays and small snapper.

I moved around quite a bit but the stingrays and baby snappers would follow.

The tide finally changed and started to run out and then the fish came on the bite.

Good sized bream and whiting were smashing the baits and I was kept busy over the next 1.5hrs.

The best baits were yabbies and bloodworms.

The fish went off the bite as the tide dropped so I made my way back to the ramp.

I saw some schools of fish on the surface in Gunnamatta bay so I quickly tied on a metal lure and was straight into some nice tailor. I spent half an hour catching them and I even managed a frigate from the school which I kept for bait.

After a slow start it ended up being a top day on the Hacking.

post-2229-1263732858_thumb.jpg

I launched from Tonkin Park and pedalled to the flats at the mouth of South West Arm.

I planned to fish with baits so I set up a burley trail cast the baits onto the flats.

For the next couple of hours all I caught was stingrays and small snapper.

I moved around quite a bit but the stingrays and baby snappers would follow.

The tide finally changed and started to run out and then the fish came on the bite.

Good sized bream and whiting were smashing the baits and I was kept busy over the next 1.5hrs.

The best baits were yabbies and bloodworms.

The fish went off the bite as the tide dropped so I made my way back to the ramp.

I saw some schools of fish on the surface in Gunnamatta bay so I quickly tied on a metal lure and was straight into some nice tailor. I spent half an hour catching them and I even managed a frigate from the school which I kept for bait.

After a slow start it ended up being a top day on the Hacking.

post-2229-1263732858_thumb.jpg

what time were u at south west arm? i was in a 12f tinny (white) fishing near the entrance of south west arm 2 sundy had a few good fish around us. was very busy though.

Thanks for the replies.

well done mate u cleaned up on all ur reports well done

what type of metal got the frigate ?

cheers

I'm not sure what brand it is as I've had it for years and I can't remember where I bought it from.

I will post a pic of it.

I'm sure any of the slim high speed metals in the 20g size would do just as well.

what time were u at south west arm? i was in a 12f tinny (white) fishing near the entrance of south west arm 2 sundy had a few good fish around us. was very busy though.

I was there on Friday 15th and I left the area at about 1pm.