Gulp Packets

Catchin Jack

Hi Raiders,

I went updated my plastics and bought 10 packets of Gulps.

3x packets have leaked all through my bag even though they were sealed and inside plastics bag.

2x packets were unable to be sealed as the zip lock has seperated from the packet, poor manufacture or poor glue etc.

I've never really had a problem with Gulp packets until this time and am wondering if anyone else has had issues recently as it may be a bad batch going around (maybe we can get them replaced).

Car stinks of Gulp juice now and wife isn't real happy.

Anyone else had issues with Gulp or quality of the product as in packaging etc??

Cheers,

Leo

i always have that problem, and it stinks too. thats why ive started to use squidgies

yep me to

i keep all my remaining gulps in a waterproof container [ planno make these] with gulp alive juice .

i also have a problem with gulp comming out of the pack all twisted and unusable ..... this is why im going back to squidgies .

i know the juice smells but its not as bad as pilchard juice ............

craig

haha ask slinky if he has any problems with Gulp

i dont mind using other peoples gulps but i hate having the things in my tackle bag

they always leak the seals on the bags are rubbish and they dry out way too quick

squidgy pros are the way to go no leaks just add a little sfactor onto the lure

and they can be left of the hook and they wont dry out

The solution is NUTELLA Jars

they are in plastic -dont break- and seal very well.

Got 2-3 of the bucket ones, put the liquid in the nutella jar, added the Gulps, and topped off with some more juice.

There was an internet offer, of 4 Gulp alive crabs in buckets for about 20$, now I have more juice for when i finsish the next nutella jar.

I have been on a few trips up north recently and I tried a heap of soft plastics - for me gulp was most successful and i tried several types.

When i got home with new confidence and back to my own car and boat i was annoyed at the constant leaking problem.

I found the solution - leave the open packet/s in a small tub in the boat in a shady area until next time. I know this seems simple but it makes all the difference.

Now i only ever travel with sealed packets from new - and luckily i have not had one blow out yet.

This way i can put one on easy and put one back into the packet when travelling between spots etc -i just put the while thing in - jig head and all. next time its ready to rock n roll.

Cheers

Josh

There was one packet of mine where the zip locks were faulty.. as in they were stuck together so that when i opens it. Instead of the zip lock unsealing the bag ripped on the side and it was then unsealable. Then had to store it with another batch...

I like the nutella jar solution. I keep a mixed bag of Gulps in a Gulp Alive container in the boat (have to be careful to keep it level - seals on those jars are not the best).

Most of my Gulp packets however are in a plastic box container that is of the correct size to have all the packets upright. I have a smaller container in my tackle bag for when I need a few for landbased sessions. The key is to keep the packets upright all the time. Ice cream containers can be useful for this. If you have a lid on the container, it does'nt matter so much if the packets don't seal well (I have also noticed that the zip lock can tear from the plastic pouch lately). If there are any spills, it's usually within the container which can be washed or wiped clean.

I kinda like the smell of Gulp actually ....

If they should be kept upright then they should state that on their packets, the only thing I see on the packets it's they're "resealable", to me that should be sealed and not leaking. I've got a Berkley bag that has plastic sleaves inside that you put you gulp packets in and they also are zip locked but it still didn't stop the juice leaking everywhere.

Might send the product back to distributor on Central Coast and see what they have to say about it.

Cheers,

Leo

It may be a good idea to let the distributors of Gulp (Pure Fishing Aust.)

of bags that have leaks (we've all had it happen) :1badmood: , know of the problem.

Pure Fishing Australia Pty Ltd

* PO Box 5199 Chittaway Bay, NSW 2261

* Phone 61-2- 4351 7740

* Facsimile 61-2- 4351 7741

* info@purefishing.com.au

Let them know of the problem and maybe they'll fix it if enough people complain.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete