Botany Bay Wed 20th

Dangas

Hi All

Launched the boat off at Foreshore rd ramp at 6am and went to get livies straight away with the plan to target kingfish. Anchored up in Yarra bay and got a a few perfect sized yakkas. Next caught a few squid near drums and was ready to chase a few kingfish.

I noticed the water was very dirty in the bay with a lot of crap just floating around and it looked very muddy. I tried all the usual kingy spots and my baits werent even getting a touch. Decided to downrigg a live yakka and troll around the bay with no result.

Water inside the bay was way too dirty so went out towards the mouth of bay but the swells made the conditions too dangerous for my tinny so i decided to go back to the ramp with a donut.

Very dissapointing day. Why was the water so dirty??? Anyway saw a couple of guys back at the ramp who cleaned up on flatheads... made me wish i had bought along the SP's.

Has anyone else been catching kingys in the bay lately, ive noticed a lack of reports from here

We went Tuesday and Wednesday night. Tuesday, very hard getting yakkas where we would normally get lots, only ended up with a couple before the wife feels shes not feeling well (thats why i've named her Captin Snooze, she just goes to sleep!).

Had a couple of livies, went to our spot, within 5 minutes of dropping it hooked what i though was a kingfish, turned out to be a 60cm flattie, made my night worthwile. We would have been in the water for about an hour in total, then called it a night.

Last night went out with my mate Peter and he'd been hit with the funny stick (only he finds himself funny), again had difficulties getting yakkas, went around to our spot, and nothing for the entire time we were there.

I too would love to know what/how all that foam is from where their dredging from @ Port Botany?

Last Sunday I saw the big machine dumping thousand and thousand of litres of muddy black water right at the boat ramp. Last time i went out to the bay i could even get the livies at the normal spot.

A guy on kayal caught 3 rats and one 72 cm king fish around the markers on wednesday

Mate i can assure you the work they are doing on the 3rd operator at port botany and the dridging of the de-sal has absolutley fu...d the bay up..

i went to my usual spots on the weekend.. saw how dirty the water was and didnt even waste my time fishing for kings...

there all pissed off outside in cleaner water.....

where is the envirmental protection on this shit?????????????

Fuming

I got a few kings in the bay but all there better and bigger fish hanging out elsehwhere ?????????

I fished the bay thismorning, nothing biting from 1am-6am, but as soon as first light hit scored heaps for just legal bream and undrrsize squire, heaps of yakkas but none got touched, also ended up with a 69cm flattie which is a pb on whole servo squid. Berleying with bread and using nippers and squid. Was anchored between the drums and the sticks. Packed up at 9.

Well at least now i dont feel too bad for striking out because im not the only one. I guess BB fishos just need to either target other species such as bream and flatties or go to a different waterway for kings. At least until the water quality gets better.