Shearwater Does Well In Abt

Normally Im not a big one to do this but Id just like to brag that my development angler Steve Riley came in a commendible 10th in the hawkesbury ABT.

big deal you say but he did it by going for quality over quantity weighing just 4 fish over the 2 days. With a score of 4.11 kg each fish averaged over 1kg and a horse of 1.38 on the final day made for some raised eye brows apparently.

All fish were stopped on some new development Shearwaters, thus the crowing. :biggrin2:

Guest hottuna
Congrats to steve for making the top 10 and allan for making such quality fishing rods.

41682[/snapback]

Very well done. Good stuff.

dan

Amongst other things I am using him to develop a new grip specifically for tournament fishing. It looks ugly as sin but is working out well so far. I just have to develop a way to produce it in under 3 hrs :074: . Primarily though steve does a lot of product testing for me. I use his feed back to work out and fine tune things such as guide placement blank selection etc. he also keeps me abreast of whats happening on the curcuit so I can keep up with the "SCENE"

All you tournie guys can check him and the product out at the tweed sessions

he SHOULD a have a pretty mean stick Im putting together by then

full Ti SiC guides, tournie grip, scrimless blank.

Just look for the guy in the ex AFC shimano boat.

Guest Jocool

AG...My limited understanding of blanks will show with this comment... :risata:

Does scrimless mean there is no SEAM so to speak?

AG...My limited understanding of blanks will show with this comment... :risata:

Does scrimless mean there is no SEAM so to speak?

42105[/snapback]

joe

the vast majority of graphite blanks and virtually 100% of factory grphite rods on the market today have a glass scrim in it

this is a single base layer of glass wrapped in a slightly different direction to give it hoop strength and reduce breakage potential.

remove this scrim and re-aline your graphite weaves can overcome the hoop strength problem and gives you an incredibly light responsive blank which will improve your performance but being true 100% graphite they do usually have a definable lifespan span under normal usage

the best known scrimlesss blank on the market would be the Loomis GLX series but I will be using a Hastings GUSA for this rod as it has a better action for the job and greater stength charcteristics than loomis GLX's.