Mobile Phone Numbers Being Given Out To Telemarketers

arpie

Hi all

Seems that all Mobile Phone Numbers will be given out to telemarketers some time soon!! I know how annoyed I get when our home phone gets rung by these people, so can only imagine what it will be like when the mobiles are rung too!! :1badmood::1badmood:

Keep reading!

Cheerio

Roberta

This could be a hoax, but I reckon it is worth signing up anyway!

PASS THIS ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN...

This is for Australian phone numbers

REMEMBER: Mobile Phone Numbers Go Public this month.

REMINDER all mobile phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

YOU MAY WELL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

Below is a link where you can enter your phone numbers online to put an end to telemarketing calls. Don't just delete those calls otherwise you may find that you have been signed up for all sorts of extra services that you didn't want or know about. Like special chimes, music etc.

May as well add your home phone to it as well as the mobiles!!! (you can't put business phones on tho!)

http://www.donotcall.gov.au

Edited by Roberta

Gday Roberta

the email is a hoax

i would not advise to enter your mobile number any where online otherwise you might start getting phone calls

by putting your number online your only giving them your mobile number

this is how they get your numbers and email addresses in the first place

they then sell your info to other company's and it never ends

Gday Roberta

the email is a hoax

i would not advise to enter your mobile number any where online otherwise you might start getting phone calls

by putting your number online your only giving them your mobile number

this is how they get your numbers and email addresses in the first place

they then sell your info to other company's and it never ends

The website is a government website that will show you details of the acts governing Do Not Call. I have registered here since its inception and have had very few rogue telemarketing calls that I can remember.

Under these acts including the Privacy Act they are not allowed to sell your details to marketing companies.

If you give details to companies then you will get calls and even sms texts. I am sick of Voda or Optus sending me stuff but I can't avoid it. Even clubs I am registered with send me sms.

It is the electronic age and I am happy that the amount of print marketing is decreasing. Electronic marketing will always be there from now on however.

mrsswordie

The website is a government website that will show you details of the acts governing Do Not Call. I have registered here since its inception and have had very few rogue telemarketing calls that I can remember.

Under these acts including the Privacy Act they are not allowed to sell your details to marketing companies.

If you give details to companies then you will get calls and even sms texts. I am sick of Voda or Optus sending me stuff but I can't avoid it. Even clubs I am registered with send me sms.

It is the electronic age and I am happy that the amount of print marketing is decreasing. Electronic marketing will always be there from now on however.

mrsswordie

i was referring only to the email roberta has posted

"The ACMA recommends recipients of the email delete it and not forward it on to other email users. A variation of this email was previously circulated during March/April 2009. "

i was referring only to the email roberta has posted

"The ACMA recommends recipients of the email delete it and not forward it on to other email users. A variation of this email was previously circulated during March/April 2009. "

Too true - always delete scam emails:) I was referring to the actual website only.

For those wanting more info regarding the Do Not Call register check out all the info

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_100642

Thanks Roberta and thanks framedtrash for the info.

Cheers mrsswordie