Bass Pt

sydneyfishoaddict

hi all. just a quick report. weve been going to bass pt since sunday and we keep on bagging out on the bonitos. sizes ranging from 40cm to 60cm. were using pillies and lures. get there if you can and early. last sunday there were at least 100 people by 7am. sorry no pics. my nokia n95 got soaked and now wont work. need to get a new phone asap.

hi all. just a quick report. weve been going to bass pt since sunday and we keep on bagging out on the bonitos. sizes ranging from 40cm to 60cm. were using pillies and lures. get there if you can and early. last sunday there were at least 100 people by 7am. sorry no pics. my nokia n95 got soaked and now wont work. need to get a new phone asap.

Hi, are you fishing off the rocks? Is it possible to safely fish from a boat or are the fish right in against the rocks?

yeah i was there a 2weeks ago and there was heaps of pplz, funny thing was that every one was using some weaid long trace jig and catching heaps of bonito and i didnt catch not 1 on a metal lure..was pretty shattering watchin every 1 else catch fish besides me. good on you for getting some buddy. i must head back out there to try agains..

Hi, are you fishing off the rocks? Is it possible to safely fish from a boat or are the fish right in against the rocks?

hi. yes were fishing off rocks. yes you can fish from your boat too. theres always boats there nearby. the bonitos are everywhere. we caught some less than 50m from where we are standing.

Thanks for letting us know sydneyfishoaddict! Bonito Sashimi is ALL good!

Where is Bass Pt? Is it down in Shell Harbour?

hi. yes bass pt is in shellharbour. the gates opens around 6am and close around 730pm.

yeah i was there a 2weeks ago and there was heaps of pplz, funny thing was that every one was using some weaid long trace jig and catching heaps of bonito and i didnt catch not 1 on a metal lure..was pretty shattering watchin every 1 else catch fish besides me. good on you for getting some buddy. i must head back out there to try agains..

hi. next time to get back to bass pt. ask the other fishos that are catching the bonitos how is it done. thats what my mate did. hope you can some next time.

hi. yes were fishing off rocks. yes you can fish from your boat too. theres always boats there nearby. the bonitos are everywhere. we caught some less than 50m from where we are standing.

hi. yes bass pt is in shellharbour. the gates opens around 6am and close around 730pm.

hi. next time to get back to bass pt. ask the other fishos that are catching the bonitos how is it done. thats what my mate did. hope you can some next time.

I was there about a week ago. Metal lures and pillies wont work. You gota use the octopus lures. Thats the only thing that the bonitos will bite on. I find it better going early mornings on the weekdays as weekends just gets too ridiculous with 20-30 ppl all fishing like one arm length away from each other. Im pretty sure it closes at 8pm but the rangers come in to kick you out anyway so should be sweet as.