Sydney Harbour

delta hbar

Hi all,

Went out today with Jonno and a mate from work and his son. Was slow going early. Seas flat as a tack but the wind was all over the place. Tried to go to Long reef, but too windy. So we did a drift outside north head. Couple of wrasse. Saw heaps of birds circling working but nothing on the surface. Tried south head, more wrasse. Still windy, so went inside to Clifton Gardens, zip, over to Balmoral zip.

By now the wind had calmed down do we went for a flattie drift, some small ones but no keepers.

We decided to head offshore again for a keeper snapper, then Jonno jagged a mowie. I could not be outdone so tossed out my kit again. Bigger mowie.

Jon also got a keeper snapper and we got some of those pesky Sargent bakers. It went from an alright day to a much better day in about an hour.

Dave

Didn't take pic of all the catch but here are the mowies.post-695-1264231994_thumb.jpg

Edited by delta hbar

Dave,

Just ate the mowie.

It ended up to be a very good day on the boat. Thank you.

Jon

Hi all,

Went out today with Jonno and a mate from work and his son. Was slow going early. Seas flat as a tack but the wind was all over the place. Tried to go to Long reef, but too windy. So we did a drift outside north head. Couple of wrasse. Saw heaps of birds circling working but nothing on the surface. Tried south head, more wrasse. Still windy, so went inside to Clifton Gardens, zip, over to Balmoral zip.

By now the wind had calmed down do we went for a flattie drift, some small ones but no keepers.

We decided to head offshore again for a keeper snapper, then Jonno jagged a mowie. I could not be outdone so tossed out my kit again. Bigger mowie.

Jon also got a keeper snapper and we got some of those pesky Sargent bakers. It went from an alright day to a much better day in about an hour.

Dave

Didn't take pic of all the catch but here are the mowies.post-695-1264231994_thumb.jpg

Chinese style, my family like to steam it with ginger and shallots. Then when it's finished steaming, take it out and get rid of the water (as some ends up on the fish. Then heat up some peanut oil (or any other you have, just a couple of table spoons) in a pan, pour it over the fish and add some light soy sauce.

My wife is korean so they love their sashimi.

I find you need to get rid of the black stomach lining as that has a bitter taste.

Chinese style, my family like to steam it with ginger and shallots. Then when it's finished steaming, take it out and get rid of the water (as some ends up on the fish. Then heat up some peanut oil (or any other you have, just a couple of table spoons) in a pan, pour it over the fish and add some light soy sauce.

My wife is korean so they love their sashimi.

I find you need to get rid of the black stomach lining as that has a bitter taste.

Steamed fish is a great way to eat fish and I love them with gigner n shallots with light sweat soy