Welcome New Fishraider - Alantani

slinkymalinky

Hi Raiders,

Please welcome a new member, Alantani to our ranks. Alan is a well known and much respected expert when it comes to maintaining, repairing and improving the performance of fishing reels. He's also very modest so I hope he doesn't mind me saying that.

Based in California, Alan has a lot of commitments but if you have any questions regarding reel servicing and performance, he might be able to answer them for you when he's on the forums.

Alan has also kindly allowed us to include some of the extensive articles, information and reel servicing guides that he's already produced, so keep your eyes peeled for some great stuff in Tackle Talk.

Cheers, Slinky :1welcomeani:

Good to have you on board Alan :1welcomeani: It will be good to have a reel expert to help answer some problems. I think a lot of the problems we are having with some reels is that the reel is not worth a pinch of s-it to start with. The market is awash with cheap reels that play up after a couple of outtings IF YOUR LUCKY.

They all go for the old sales pitch (it has so many ball bearings) I'd rather have a couple & the reel to work.

In the end it all comes down to what you are prepared to pay for, a good looking reel that doesn't work for a cheap price or a good looking, or not so good looking reel that does work for a fair price.

Regards Jeff

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: Alantani! Any information on reel servicing and maintenance will be well read by most members!! I'll be at the top of the list!!! I watched in awe as Slinky serviced one of my small reels ..... amazed that it all went together again without any bits left on the table (unlike when I tried it once!)

I look forward to reading your articles!

Cheerio

Roberta

:1welcomeani: Alan. I look forward to your articles in the hope that they remove some of the 'mystery' of reel maintenance ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

thank you! it's going to take a bit to get oriented. every board is unique. some are very active, others not so. i have tabbed the tackle section to pop up first, so that is where i will check every time i log in. thanks, again! alan