Experienced Senior Fishos Wanted For Hawkesbury Sessions- Now Starting Off Tomorrow I.e. Thursday 28/1/2010

jewgaffer

Hi Raiders Geoff AKA Geoff and I have been planning to have another Hawkesbury session in his Webster Boat and as it turns out has now been postponed to a day to be set in the near future.

EDIT We are now going out early tomorrow morning i.e. Thursday 28/1/2010 and we will be leaving from the Bankstown side of the Auburn area and expect to arrive in Brokklyn around daybreak and leave before dark set in.

Although it is not essential we could still do with an experienced hand on board.

We'll be motoring out from Brooklyn to have an early am start, making a splash here and there with the jew baits and then having a Kingfish session in Pittwater before settling in for the jewfish session.

At times we might well have flathead water with in easy casting distance for the light rods. so a couple of overheads plus an all purpose rod pre rigged for bait fishing with no4 suicides and another set up with a squid jig will come in handy.

Please reply and introduce yourself first, leave your contact number if you wish or call 0413210048

Thanks

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

I would like to thank those members who contacted me today.

Please see my AMENDED post above as Geoff and I have decided not to go up tomorrow (Wednesday) after all but we will be still going up in Geoff's boat on a suitable day in the very near future.

EDIT We are now going tomorrow Thursday 28/1/2010 and if you are experienced senior fisho and would like to join us for a sunrise till sunset session just give me a call -

- Meanwhile the offer is still open to an experienced member, who's a mature aged fisho and boatie as such and can either meet up at Brooklyn township near daybreak or if more convenient, Geoff and I would be leaving in the early am from the Bankstown side of Auburn in the mornings and would expect to arrive at Brooklyn around daybreak.

Those who may be interested in coming along with Geoff and myself to do a kingfish/jewfish session on another day in either in Geoff's boat or my side console boat in the near future, please let me know in this post what particular day/s would suit and we might be able to work around those suitable days to some extent and go on from there.

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer

Byron,

When you say "experienced senior member", do you mean experienced at being a senior? 'Cos I only turn 50 this year - does that rule me out? :074:

Baz

It doesn't rule you out at all Baz, an experienced assistant like yourself is all we require to handle a rod or two in the Webster :thumbup: Naturally safe conduct on the water is subject to handing over an appropriate spare key to your waterfront accomodation up there. i.e. an hour before we get you back to the boat ramp with the other take homes. :D

Give me a call Baz I've just edited the main post and whilst Geoff and I have now decided to go out tomorrow i.e.Thursday 28/1/2010 and whilst at this stage still looking for an experienced fisho who can come along for a fish tomorrow, I'm sure there will be other sessions coming up in Geoff's boat and there'll be lots of sessions in my boat coming up in the very near future and my boat can fish three people comfortably as well.

Cheers

Edited by jewgaffer

It doesn't rule you out at all Baz, an experienced assistant like yourself is all we require to handle a rod or two in the Webster :thumbup: Naturally safe conduct on the water is subject to handing over an appropriate spare key to your waterfront accomodation up there. i.e. an hour before we get you back to the boat ramp with the other take homes. :D

Give me a call Baz I've just edited the main post and whilst Geoff and I have now decided to go out tomorrow i.e.Thursday 28/1/2010 and whilst at this stage still looking for an experienced fisho who can come along for a fish tomorrow, I'm sure there will be other sessions coming up in Geoff's boat and there'll be lots of sessions in my boat coming up in the very near future and my boat can fish three people comfortably as well.

Cheers

Thanks Byron,

I was just trying to determine what you meant by "experienced", as I am not so experienced in the Hawkesbury and haven't been particularly successful there so far, although I am fine with rigs, tackle, knots (eyesight permitting for an "almost senior" :lol: ), although there is always something to learn. I have plenty of boating experience and I gather that you could do with a hand with anchoring etc.

In regards to a spare key to my "waterfront accommodation" (aka The Love Shack)... the :wife: might have something to say about that but I'm sure I can manage to host a boy's weekend or (mid-week, work permitting) and use it as a base for an upper Hawkesbury expedition.... ;) s'pose I need to put some extra beds in, eh!

I've got a bit on this week anyway but I will give you a call later on to see how you went today and "register" as a "hand on call" for future sessions.

Cheers,

Baz

...In regards to a spare key to my "waterfront accommodation"...

... I'm sure I can manage to host a boy's weekend or (mid-week, work permitting) and use it as a base for an upper Hawkesbury expedition.... ;) s'pose I need to put some extra beds in, eh!

Cheers,

Baz

Baz feel free to call me antime regarding future sessions on the Hawkesbury as I do prefer to fish three to share the work load and ihaving three fishing ncrease the chances at the same time and I only need a bit of help where it counts because of my back...

Tell you what Baz, it would be great if you could organize hosting a couple of days up there and it would be a good example for other members to follow within their own peer group too :thumbup: After all said and done, meeting like miinded members, making new friends in your own age group and then having life long memories of good fishing experiences, and getting sound advice always learning something new is what being a member of a good fishing site is all about. :thumbup:

Cheers

Baz feel free to call me antime regarding future sessions on the Hawkesbury as I do prefer to fish three to share the work load and ihaving three fishing ncrease the chances at the same time and I only need a bit of help where it counts because of my back...

Tell you what Baz, it would be great if you could organize hosting a couple of days up there and it would be a good example for other members to follow within their own peer group too :thumbup: After all said and done, meeting like miinded members, making new friends in your own age group and then having life long memories of good fishing experiences, and getting sound advice always learning something new is what being a member of a good fishing site is all about. :thumbup:

Cheers

You're on. I have a couple of things to sort out with the van and boat still but it won't be far off. When it's a little quieter, i.e. less ski and wake boats and maybe a little cooler, a couple of days fishing and if we're not fishing at night, a couple of nights round the campfire, sounds like the go.

Baz