Quick Session At Avoca Today At Arvo

bangus

Good day raiders,

Just want a quick post today went to avoca at 12pm got ther at 1:30 .Quick spin at spinning ledge then bang little bonito one after another Oh man too many small bonito.I said "thats it enough i'm going to the higher ledge; to catch big bonito.First cast big bonito and then so on at 4:00 pm were about to go home .

My float dissaperead ZZZZZZZZZ!!! :yahoo: STRIKE!!! 5mins of fight I lifted up this kingfish 70cm :yahoo: 5:30 pm went home .

Good fun guys if your going to avoca please take your rubbish with you when you go home.Thank you

team bangus :1fishing1:

post-10205-1264591326_thumb.jpg

post-10205-1264591302_thumb.jpg

post-10205-1264591235_thumb.jpg

post-10205-1264591189_thumb.jpg

Edited by bangus

Are bonnys any good to eat? Ive heard they are only ok in fish cakes/patties.

I caught one out oldmanshat but only used him as bait and to get beachworms.

but im just starting out it was my first fish on metal, i earnt it after 3 sessions coming back empty handed.

The King would've been nice.

Edited by Gorey

Good report your smashing them up there.

I was up there on Tuesday and the place was packed, but did manage a few bonnies as well, there sure is plenty of the with hook up everywhere. The fish only stayed on the chew till about 9.30am and went of the bite and shortly after we left due the heat, i was dying out there hahahaha.

Cheers,

Sz1

what sort of gear u guys use over at avoca rocks ? rod size etc.. i might have to come up some time say hi and try catch some of those bonny's

Hey buddy We used 12 foot rods with daiwa saltist 6500 with 80 pound braid cheers bangus

thats a bit of over kill for bonny's dont you think ,6 to 8 lbs braid is all you need in my opinion .

Its ok because I fish for big kingfish we fish on top high ledges.I've seen lots of kingfish over a metre lost there when they lift up the fish its around 2 to 4 mtres from the water. You dont wanna loose that big kingfish of a lifetime. That kingfish I caught there 18kilo a while ago I caught that on 80 pound braid.

Cheers bangus :1fishing1:

Edited by bangus

Well Done Bangus :thumbup:

You sure know how to find the fish.

How is the Jewfish Hunt going??? you seem to be catching everything else!!! but none the less your on fire that's for sure I am dying to get another Kingy but the Weather is getting the better of me at the moment.

Regards,

Nathan

Its ok because I fish for big kingfish we fish on top high ledges.I've seen lots of kingfish over a metre lost there when they lift up the fish its around 2 to 4 mtres from the water. You dont wanna loose that big kingfish of a lifetime. That kingfish I caught there 18kilo a while ago I caught that on 80 pound braid.

Cheers bangus :1fishing1:

Sounds like you need to buy a gaff to me......