Parra River Jew

hassall

It's been a long time since my last report as I no longer own a boat and due to having a young family fishing trips have been few and far between (which I don't mind - I love my fishing but family comes 1st)

So I don't own a boat anymore but I do own a kayak and have been putting in a few sessions here and there using light tackle and lures only.

I have caught Jewfish on bait in the past but was keen to target them on lures. I have been using blades almost exclusively lately and after reading an article in a well known fishing magazine about taking jew on blades in the Yarra river in Victoria I thought surely some Jew in the Parra river would be partial to them too.

Well on our first outing my mate Wilbo hooked something big on 6 pound braid but ended up being busted off.

On our second try I managed this fish and @ 78cm it is my Pb Jew and first Jew on a lure. I was very happy indeed. :yahoo:

Many thanks to Wilbo, as he stopped fishing to come and take some video and photo's and offer words of encouragement during the fight.

post-1241-1265001885_thumb.jpg