1/2/10 Sydney Harbour Fishing

snag

Took my dad out fishing on monday in sydney harbour, now this trip has been on the card for years and finally we got together for a bream flick.

First hour saw a few bream come on board and more pinkies than you can poke a stick at, then nothing and i mean nothing...all hook up's pull hooks see fish that dont chase the lure, lost blades you name it it happened over the next few hours.

Lunch time comes and the old man reaches into his bag and gets 2 cold drinks and some sandwiches........then i look around to see :1yikes::1yikes::1yikes: 2 Bananas :1yikes::1yikes: .

I couldnt believe my father of all people would bring bananas onboard my boat. :(:thumbdown:

After giving him a serve both went overboard and you guessed it fish everywhere and a nice snapper which went 45-50cm, which i gave to my father for dinner.

Sorry no pic's as i was to upset to remember to take any.............NOTE next time dad's on the boat check his lunch bag :biggrin2: .

Ha, i went out with a mate a few years back and he smuggled a bunch of bananas onboard. I didnt know till the end of the day ofcourse but I remember the day particularly well cause we had the best Kingfish Session i have ever had, landed about 30 kings in a couple hrs.

If there is a banana within reach when im fishing, it goes straight in the boat now!

Im not into superstition.

Hey Snag,

I know one guy who is a fanatical anti-banana person.

If you even say the word, he gives you a look. He has a radio playing in his boat, and if banana-rama sings any of their songs, he turns it off. Even if you have banana boat sunscreen with you, it goes overboard. I'm gonna plant a banana tree in his boat one day.....

I take bananas with me regularly - you could threaten to throw them at boats that pass too close ! Just kidding, I wouldn't do anything to increase their chances of catching fish..... :1prop:

Edited by Keflapod

And never have a banana on your cereal for breakfast before going out or in a smoothie, either!! YOU WILL NOT CATCH FISH!!

The kiwis are also fanatical on that one!!

I noticed it too the last time I had a smoothie before hitting the water in the yak ..... for NADA!! :wacko:

Nice day on the water with your Dad, tho, eh??

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Thanks for all the reply's guy's and gal's,

I have to say that the time on the water with my father was gold and well worth every minute, bananas and all.

I dont think we get moments like that in life to often and should make the most of the time we have with our family and loved ones.

I know alittle deep for me but thats my thoughts on the matter and i recon im right.

I think what im trying to say is get out there and have a fish with family, relo's even the outlaws and enjoy the time.

Thanks again