New Toy

Brooker435

Hey Raiders,

Decided to finally go out and get myself a decent reel one of many to come I hope.

I was told to get a Shimano Sustain Fe but in a 4000 your looking at around $400

So I decided to go with a Shimano Symetre 4000FJ for $160 I believe its great value for money and feels like a quality reel and besides I am saving up for a Shimano Spheros 18000FB

For hopefully catching the big stuff….

I look forward to testing my new reel out next week hopefully once this rain clears up and will be using it to target Flatties and Bream for now but have been told that it is capable of handling Kings as it has 7 kilo’s of drag by specification but could go up to 10 providing the line and knots are up to scratch feel free to correct me at any stage…

Hopefully once I get my hands on a decent spinning rod might even try having a crack at the Bonito off the rocks.

It’s loaded up with 15 pound braid which I believe will be suitable for most fishing conditions.

I will be using it with a soft plastics rod for now 2-4 kilo outfit but will be looking at getting a 6-10 Kilo spin rod if it fits into my budget….

Regards,

Nathan

post-9366-126614929676_thumb.jpg

post-9366-126614928883_thumb.jpg

Thank's Raiders,

Cant wait to give her a test run and hopefully land a nice fish!!!!

I have alot of confidence now with my decision and look forward to posting up some pics of my catches!!!!

And yes its a great feeling buying new gear but being at a tackle store on payday is not a real good idea hahahaha...

Regards,

Nathan

Congrats on the reel, I have the 2500 and the 4000, they are awsome reels, you'll have some fun times with it especially spinning for pelagics. I try not to use more than 10-12lb of braid with the reel becouse most braids break above there breaking strain and the thinner diameter will let you cast that little bit further when you need to, also i use a 6-8kg rod, seems to do the trick with most kingies.

Cheers

Snooze

Edited by snooze

be sure to save a little extra as well for when you get the Spheros so you can get the upgraded drag washers and the stella handles

makes a great reel even better :)

"Turn your Spheros from a four-ball-bearing regular reel into a seven-ball-bearing precision machine with heaps more drag available!"

hey nathan i have the same size symetre and the 18000 spheros and can tell you they are both awesome yeh the symetre can handle kingies and i agree with ur statement of it being able to handle 9-10kg of drag but let me tell you, you feel alot safer having one on the end of the spheros 20kg of drag just allows you to smile abit when you know u hooked something big instead of having to thing ****** why on this reel

I wouldn't be running that on a 2-4kg stick mate.. what do you want to break first.. the rod or the line? (the line should be less than the rod when you're that light)

Will go perfectly on a 6-10kg stick, you can knock over jewies on sp and hb if you're game and have a high attention span

hey nathan like the reel mate looks the goods great for pier fishing

so knowing your luck you'll break it in first outing it gets like that day with ya catana snaring all the fish

I hope so mike and I have paired it up with a okuma rod 4-7 kg so It has a little bit of bending power to handle larger specimens will see how it goes this weekend.

Regards,

Nathan

OMG - I have the bug - I now have (only just started) 4 rods & picked this one up over the weekend (off another F/raider) a great buy & looking forward to using it! & every time I go to a tackle shop I walk out with at least a new lure or hooks :yahoo:

post-11824-126687881773_thumb.jpg

post-11824-126687879867_thumb.jpg