Wet And Wild Botany Weekend

Breambucket

Hey guys

Fished botany with a young apprentice from work on friday arvo to teach him how to use lures and just general tipps, he's been on my back for ages to take him out especially since my good luck recently and well i didnt disappoint him!

I have been trying to make a conscious effort to try a new area every time i fish the bay so we started off smack bang right in the middle and set up a real nice drift. I say to the young bloke "whats the bet i get a fish with the first cast!" well befor we had time to come up with a deal i get a solid hit and land a nice flattie :thumbup:

Within the next half an hour i managed another 3 fish into the keeper tank when all of the sudden :1badmood: the wind changed from a slight nor-east-er to strong westerly storm so we moved over to kurnell to ride it out.

Fished the groins for a little while then when the weather calmed down headed to the sticks and were straight back into it :1prop:

I was trying out a blade i made at work which landed us the biggest bream of the day then 5 cast later i get a big hit and its all gone!

Anyways after a bit of teaching and a few lost flatties on the surface being too keen to get the fish in Robbie the apprentice got his first keeper with a nice flattie

Anyways took home 8 fish to feed his and my family and released prob about half of that to fight another day

jgl7rr.jpg

Sunday arvo

I was bored again and called a good mate chicken (Pete) to see if he was keen for a fish, with family things to do and a rod that flew out of the boat on the m5 (rack raider bream rod) whoops!! we only had just over two hours to fish.

After telling chicken about the first fish on the first cast story i was on again with the first cast! it had decent weight but the hooks pulled so it was not to be

Next cast then i was on again! and that was the theme for the short time we were out

We normally dont take alot of fish home especially if we cant eat them fresh but we decided to give a few away to some of the old blokes from work and they were more than pleased

Anyways here is the pic

5d0ymd.jpg

Thanks for reading my long post hopefully ill be able to post a report soon on somewhere other than botany :)

Oh most fish were caught on berkley 3inch minnows in a variety of colours but got a few on blades and other brand plastics

Edited by Breambucket

• 2 weeks later...

thats really good on lures

what jigheads weights were you using and at what depth?

cheers

Hey mate i was using the squidgy 2gram 1/0 jig heads

They are good for anything from say 2-7m of water maybe a little light for the deeper stuff but it seems to get more hits for myself, i only started using them in the deeper water because i couldnt for the life of me find the 3gram 1/0 jigs so just give it a little more time to drop and you will be fine

thanks again guys for the kind words

Pete

cheers mate i will also give that a try,

i use 3.5g

now im tempted to use those 2.3g i have lying around

Hey mate i was using the squidgy 2gram 1/0 jig heads

They are good for anything from say 2-7m of water maybe a little light for the deeper stuff but it seems to get more hits for myself, i only started using them in the deeper water because i couldnt for the life of me find the 3gram 1/0 jigs so just give it a little more time to drop and you will be fine

thanks again guys for the kind words

Pete