Massive Red Fin

camotec

Hey guys,

Just to give a bit of back story, I think most of my lures and soft plastics are more for the saltwater but I thought I would go out to Ben Chifley dam and test out my gear and get into the swing of casting etc. as I am going up to Avoca in a oouple of weeks. Ok well an hour in I got a bite and she pulled hard as the fish was taking all my line and then I worked out how to actually use the drag and put some resistance on the line and then started to reel in what must be something big. anyways after a whole 30 seconds I land the biggest fish I have ever caught.

redfin1.jpg

Anyways glad to have shared the experience.

Cheers

Ben

Edited by BezTheFisherKing

Ah the good 'ol Redfin. Nice one Ben.

I've never fished Ben Chifley, my memory of the place was a school sailing trip where I lost my first watch I ever owned after only 3 days of receiving it, I was shattered. 1badmood.gif

Ah the good 'ol Redfin. Nice one Ben.

I've never fished Ben Chifley, my memory of the place was a school sailing trip where I lost my first watch I ever owned after only 3 days of receiving it, I was shattered. 1badmood.gif

Unfortunately Ben Chifley has a lot of thick weed by its banks and unless you can cast in far enough it seems thats all you'll catch. I am thinking about buying a boat but I will see how I go.

Apparently the Red Fin bite like a weed snag too so I have been treating all snags as a possible bite lol.

There was a 35cm rainbow trout swimming right near the shore line but no matter how many times I tried to net it kept getting away (came back a few times though so that was a bit of fun)

Cheers

Ben