King Madness

Matho

Hello to all fellow raiders. This is my first ever post. Have been out fishing the last few weeks and managed to land some nice Kings. First one was a 87cm king which was a PB for me weighing in at 6.5kg. Last friday I went out again, cracker of a day the sun was rising and it was fiery red. Went a got a few squid which were hard to catch. Got 6 eventually and then headed to a few spots and nothing was on the sounder. I went to another spot where I thought they would be. Found them on the sounder schooling and feeding within minutes my mates squid was smashed and he was on. The drag going nuts taking line. After 5mins up comes a nice 86cm King. Hi fives all round in the boat. After a few pics down go a another round of squid and soon after my 37kg rod with 80 pound braid on the Diablo goes nuts. In two runs this fish has taken close to 100m of line. The drag was locked tight I knew I was onto a good fish. After a solid fight, colour could be seen and it was a king a SOLID king at that. My mate had the gaff in hand and ready to strike at the right time. The King was gaffed and brought to the boat. A nice 105cm King weighing 8.5kg. The high 5's were again on the boat and I up'd by PB again. I cracked the 1 meter.

Have pics but cant work this bloody IPHONE. Once I can work it out I will post some pics.

Happy fishing Raiders

Ahi