First Marlin For New Boat

smashed crab

hey all, drove to port stephens on sunday with matt and josh with ASALT WEAPON in tow .on the water by 6.30 and keen as already had some bonnies ready for skip baits that we caught at avoca the day before all was good til we hit about 10 mile out then the wind picked up from the north and started to white cap so i kept looking south cause it didnt look as bad if i looked that way and kept punching out.got out there and started skipping bonnies til we found bait didnt take long as the boats were on it so loaded up with slimies and started to slow troll them as the skip baits were not working to well in the conditions,a couple of boats were hooked up so we knew it wouldnt be to long,marked a fish at 15 fa and thought we would be on only to have it swim over to FREEDOM and watch them hook up,minutes later matt was on to a nice stripe shortly later it was at the boat with the tag in and realesed with the first marlin for the new boat it was game on,went back up to the bait it wnt a bit quite for a while[middle of tide]the odd boat hooking up then it started to pick up with a few missed shots were they wacked the bait and didnt come back til josh hooked up to another good stripe with some good jumps we had it to the boat with another tag in it,we had 2 to the and were stoked but were was my fish back up to the bait found bait up high only to have our 2 slimeys try and school up and tangle as soon as we had them in i rig up anothe one drop it in and have it smashed less then 10 meters from the boat it jumped and threw the bait rig up another one send it out got back near the bait but BILLFISHER got there first and were onto a triple so we gave them some room for the chaos,waited till they drifted away and went strait back to it the slimey got wacked strait away but it didnt take it then it started to skip and i was on a nice black launched out and we stayed connected we had a nice fight then tagged it so after we got one each and the first marlin to my new boat ASALT WEAPON we were stoked, with conditions not to good and a long drive back to the coast we pulled the pin and left them biting awsome day had by all. cheers luke...

Edited by smashed crab

They say their are easier ways to christen something (ie with a bottle of bubbles), but hey we are fisho's and what better way to do the christening than with a stonker fish like that.

Congratulations guys, hopefully the first of many to be caught on your sturdy vessel.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager